• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Elon is watching you.....

fpgt72

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2019
I know this is an older article, but I just learned about it.

Looks like on top of their "auto pilot" not really working that well. Tesla is using the cameras on the cars to spy on you. So you better not "get funky" around that tesla or it will endup making the rounds at Tesla.

Part 2 of this is look at the source. Now if that was owned by someone "the media" approves of this story would never see the light of day.

This might be or might not be a shock but every piece of "modern" tech you own spies on you. If it is considered smart (phones, TVs, computers, cars, assistants) it is monitoring your habits.

Reactions: camocorvette
Most new cars spy on us. Mics, cameras, etc.
And will rat you out when requested by law enforcement.
Car won’t start if the snitch box is disconnected.

I have a friend that owns a Tesla, he is in denial that anything like this would ever take place. Linked him various articles from various sources, he said I was crazy to believe any of it :)

So a "car company" spends millions upon millions of dollars to have total remote control over every 'vehicle' they make, and you think none of that money spent to build that system was done for nefarious purposes :D :D what a fucking tool. Yeah I am the crazy one.

Even if I owned a modern car, I would disconnect the phone home shit. I do not want an internet connected car for any reason.

It appears like every new car has some version of it these days

one can also google how to alter this system so it can't transmit even if you have opted out. some say you never really opt out.

I don't think you can disable the shit on a Tesla.

I love how in the 50's people thought they were being watched through the TV set......not they openly invite microphones and cameras into every crevice of their homes/privacy

Reactions: camocorvette
IMG_5515.jpeg

With the amount of high resolution cameras and other types of sensory gear on self driving cars my expectation is that the automakers will turn those cars into a massive mobile surveillance network that they will rent to the government for a tidy profit. Soon everything on 4 wheels is going to be spying for big brother.

Reactions: AllenOne1
With the amount of high resolution cameras and other types of sensory gear on self driving cars my expectation is that the automakers will turn those cars into a massive mobile surveillance network that they will rent to the government for a tidy profit. Soon everything on 4 wheels is going to be spying for big brother.
Too late. They already have that. It's called your cell phone.