• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ELR bipod options

Andrew863

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2018
Russellville KY
I'm getting into ELR, I have shot PRS and a few prone matches the last couple years. A good friend of mine that competes at spear point talked me into giving it a try so I'm going to shoot a few of them with my Savage elite precision in 338 LM before doing a complete build if I like it. So as of now I'm thinking for a rear bag get a aero foil adjustable bag or a adjustable bag rider and more of a hard F class style rear bag. I'm between 3 options on bipods, the accu- tac hd- 50 or wb-5 or a Atlas super cal. I has always been a Atlas fan and am leaning that way but want to hear some opinions of some guys that currently compete in ELR.

Ryan’s aero foil bag works great for me. I’m using Accu Tac HD50 w/ ski feet. Btw ,I’m not compete in any ELR.

I finally thought I’d give Elite Iron a try this year. Really wish I’d done it years ago. Expensive, yes, but versatile and well built.

The HD-50 is super popular in Ko2M. lots of guys run it with the ski feet to help it track. You won't find a more sturdy bipod.

Reactions: Huskydriver
big beefy bi pods

41kAf-YFoRL._SS250_.jpg

above sinclair gen 3
and many others

LRA bipods and the Cadex Falcon are two that I would consider also, that I have good results with.

The LRA options seem popular with the ELR crowd.

I have an F-Class LRA with ski feet for my .300NM, and I like this bipod for this purpose.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
I use the Accu-Tac HD 50 on my 375CT and works great.
I'm leaning in that direction. One thing I really like is I have seen a few vids of accutac saying use the he'll out of it in any way, that's what the warranty is for no matter if u take it apart or cerakote it the lifetime warranty is good to go. I love atlas but I have found a post on here, where they were saying if u take it apart or if the bolt shears they won't warranty it. They also said if u install the slapjax accessory the warranty is void or if they can tell u tried to remove the hing bolt. I love when a company will stand behind a product and say use the hell out of it. I honestly don't like the looks of the accutac as well as the atlas but I like the company and from everything I read they make a tank of a bipod.

I believe some comps will not allow this kind of bipod, but I got measurable improvement when moving to the Phoenix from other high quality bipods.

What did u notice? I don't care for the looks of that style bipod, but will consider them if it that big of a gain. I plan to do most of my fine tuning for elevation on the rear bag but maybe there is something I'm missing about the that's style bipod.

Ryan’s aero foil bag works great for me. I’m using Accu Tac HD50 w/ ski feet. Btw ,I’m not compete in any ELR.

Do you use the sand fill in your aero bag? I saw they sell one and didn’t know if it’s necessary.

What did u notice? I don't care for the looks of that style bipod, but will consider them if it that big of a gain. I plan to do most of my fine tuning for elevation on the rear bag but maybe there is something I'm missing about the that's style bipod.

Great stability. Easy to work height in combination with the back bag. We shoot from variable angle positions so the height adjustment is a real help. I've spotted more of my hits and misses.

Is there a consensus about bipod height for ELR rifles... basically the standard for leg length? I know some of them are fairly large, andI know some of this is a fucntion of how high the apex is vs the leg length, etc. but was curious for opinions. the accutac setups in the PRB vid on you tube look kind short, like wb4 or maybe Wb5s? anyone know what these guys are using? does it matter? or do guys carry multiple sizes etc.

I had an atlas, then tried a thunderbeast, then finally tried a accutac hd50 and it’s by far my favorite. It’s extremely stout with no “play” in it even at full extension. Really happy with it. I even went and got a WB4 from accutac for some of my smaller rifles afterwards.
I also recently switched and got a Fclass style rear bag from Protektor, and again, another great purchase I wish I made a while ago.
The terry dines one looks pretty sweet though.
I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the suggestions in this thread.

I’m an Elite Iron type of guy. Regardless of weapon system. But this Accu-tac HydroPod looks pretty damn cool.

Reactions: msgriff
That Accutac is sweet but it's already banned by Ko2M rules.
@ma smith I've had best luck setting my legs as high as possible to still get on the first target with my bag height then I can keep lowering the rear bag to get onto farther targets.

One of the things I notice again and again is how slow people are that use the Phoenix for fine vertical adjustment and how often they have to get out of position to do so. You are never going to be able to reach the dial while actually in firing position. As much griping as there was when we banned them, most shooters begrudging admitted that their shooting improved once we did. If you are a rear bag squeezer then the dines, Accutac or possibly an Atlas would be the top choices.

That Accutac is sweet but it's already banned by Ko2M rules.
@ma smith I've had best luck setting my legs as high as possible to still get on the first target with my bag height then I can keep lowering the rear bag to get onto farther targets.
Interestingly this is up for discussion today as a rule change so we shall see.

I use the same approach, set the bipod and manage everything from the back. Much faster transitions. The only thing I'd add is that with high declination it is good to stick a pillow under your chest and gun shoulder but that is more of a Black Bear issue than anywhere else.

-Alex

Reactions: Taylorbok
Some of the above options are quite short. If you’re shooting uphill, you can quickly max out a 10” bipod like LRA, which is why I jettisoned mine and went EI. That extra 2.5” can make a lot of difference in field shooting (as opposed to competition)

Reactions: ma smith