• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ELR match in Central Virginia 4/17&18

14* of angle of fire - wow that is a big angle. Make sure you dudes know the math here!

I was out in MT, shooting a 22* angle and it felt like I was aiming up towards moon, very unnatural. However, I knew the math, trusted it and was rewarded (and honestly surprised) by a first round impact... I thought for sure it was going to splash well in front of target with all the mils I was taking off the come up...

14* of angle of fire - wow that is a big angle. Make sure you dudes know the math here!

I was out in MT, shooting a 22* angle and it felt like I was aiming up towards moon, very unnatural. However, I knew the math, trusted it and was rewarded (and honestly surprised) by a first round impact... I thought for sure it was going to splash well in front of target with all the mils I was taking off the come up...
Yeah, firing up can be pretty awkward and at some point your back feels like it is being bet into a taco. Shooting down can involve a decent stack of pads in the back but most of the time you can just drop the bipod and it is pretty manageable. 14 degrees is as steep as it gets, but we wanted people to be prepared for it.

-Alex

Reactions: Evlshnngns
I belong to this club, fun place to shoot. I'll be the scorekeeper on the 17th. Looks like the weather should be decent, last fall fog moved in when we were almost finished (2 shooters left) with the 1st relay.

Here are the final results. Hope you guys had fun and will join us for the next one!

-Alex

Attachments

• UA 4:21.pdf
    251.2 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: phlegethon
Thanks Alex for the great event. I'd never shot angles like that before. Either I fell apart...or something changed in the rifle after that first relay....I'll break it down over the next few days...but I think it was me.

Food was incredible....the people friendly as hell....it was worth the 8hr drive. The venue is absolutely stunning...what a gem.

Glad you had fun :)

I don't think you were alone shooting those angles. The solutions people were use ranged from clever too far too clever for their own good. The scissors lifts that I saw look like a disaster compared to the guys that were dropping a set of bunny ears onto a paving stone. Snuggling up with a pillow was unexpected and clearly worked. Personally I like this stuff cut up in 1 foot squares and then stacked up to what you need. It doesn't move and is more adjustable than a hunk of concrete...

If your gun suddenly shit the bed then rings, scope and muzzle break are the usual suspects. If you are using an adjustable angle scope base then start there. They have an unfortunate habit of giving up the ghost suddenly and (lets face it, matches are when Murphy's law is in full swing) usually halfway through a match.

-Alex

Doesn’t that really just make it a 2 piece rear rest?
496561AC-DB24-4A63-83CB-BDD403A40015.png

no... More like a 15 piece rear rest. I'll generally allow anything a shooter wants to try that is a disadvantage. It is their lesson to learn. Its why we expressly allowed spiked bipod feet.

-Alex

Great match and a great facility!

Attachments

• F5E635E4-3B94-46CA-91EE-32426549D1A5.jpeg
    F5E635E4-3B94-46CA-91EE-32426549D1A5.jpeg
    512.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 0E22F6BD-2EDC-461C-88A2-C5634CBCE462.jpeg
    0E22F6BD-2EDC-461C-88A2-C5634CBCE462.jpeg
    423.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 29144DC8-354F-4922-93A7-421EBCCDC9D9.jpeg
    29144DC8-354F-4922-93A7-421EBCCDC9D9.jpeg
    685.7 KB · Views: 67