• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

ELR Resources Site Launched

ELR researcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
www.elr-resources.com
I’ve just launched a non-commercial ELR information site, Extreme Long Range (ELR) Resources (www.elr-resources.com). It provides links to products, services, and information for ELR shooters and anybody interested, as I am, in this area of firearms technology. This site will be under constant updating and maintenance indefinitely. Viewer input is solicited, please send your recommended links, suggestions, corrections, and descriptions of problems encountered using this website to webmaster at elr-resources.com.

Sections included:

Products

Rifles
Rifle Components
Ammunition Components
Reloading Equipment
Miscellaneous

Services

Gunsmiths
Ranges
Retailers/E-tailers

Information

Cartridges
Associations and Clubs
Information Sites and Forums
Legal
Pubs, Articles, and Photos

While there are many sites that might have been included, this is my first cut. Again, viewer input is solicited.

Re: ELR Resources Site Launched

I like the idea; I also like to know who I am dealing with. You need to introduce yourself, and fill out your profile.

Jeffvn

what kind of research are you conducting?

I'm a retired computer guy (PCs, motherboards) who is interested in ELR. I'm "researching" what is available to support this shooting discipline and passing the info along through the website.

You'd be surprised how long it took to develop the info for the "Rifles" page. That's why I need "reader" input.

The site will only be as good as I can make it. If I can't find info, obviously I can't post it.

I look on the site as a "resource", pure and simple.

Your help would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you and God Bless!

ELR Researcher

The name and your disclaimer are somewhat contradictions of each other.

Research describes a systematic investigation to establish facts or principles or to collect information on a subject yet, in your disclaimer you basically state the exact opposite.

"Disclaimer: Information for reference only, recommendations are neither made nor implied. Data may NOT be current or accurate. Companies may or may NOT be reputable. Proceed at your own risk!"

It would be beneficial to you and your sites reputation if you only list the products and vendors with whom you have experience with and can support from a factual basis. Just some friendly advice.

Welcome to the site and I hope your webpage does well and I look forward to reading the results of your research.

Also, I know you said its a non-commercial site but you may want to check with Lowlight just to make sure this post is ok since you are basically advertising for commercial sites.

flounderv2:

"Researcher" works for me. The disclaimer is a simple heads-up.

I believe the site provides value. If others find that is the case, that's great! That's my plan.

The site is non-commercial - there is no advertising and there are no endorsements.

I have received my first suggested "addition" and have already posted it. I hope to receive many more.

ELR Researcher

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ELR researcher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">flounderv2:

"Researcher" works for me. The disclaimer is a simple heads-up.

I believe the site provides value. If others find that is the case, that's great! That's my plan.

The site is non-commercial - there is no advertising and there are no endorsements.

I have received my first suggested "addition" and have already posted it. I hope to receive many more.

ELR Researcher </div></div>

My post was simple observation, nothing more.

Good luck with the site.

Ch'e:

I'm adding content daily and working on one piece that would add a lot of value (IMHO). At some point I hope to add a "News" section with info collected from (then) ongoing e-mail solicitations of all the sites listed, culled of course, for ELR relevance (not much need to announce the release of a new rimfire or point blank benchrest item).

As for a forum, I am quite disinclined to include one. The site is for information only, not opinion, politics, or "causes". Read near the bottom of the main page (Ez 18:27-28), I'm on the right path now and have no interest in going astray. In any case, again IMHO, there are decent forums already serving in this area, the one we are in now being the best I have found.

I would sincerely appreciate input from readers on the content I've missed, especially info on "public-access" ranges that go beyond 1000 yards.

Best regards and God Bless!