• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ELR Rifle / Gear Picture Thread and Discussion

JBM_DC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
OKC, OK
www.facebook.com
Thought it would be interesting to see what types of rifles, builds, and gear are used for ELR shooting.

I will post pictures of my setup if I can get it put back together and to the range soon. However I am looking to upgrade my bipod from the Atlas V8 to something a bit wider. Really like the looks of the Elite Iron, but cannot find one to get my hands on.

Montana Rifle 1999 with Krueger 28" 1:10 in 300 WM.
230 Berger Hybrid Target @ 2900fps.
The pic was taken while elk hunting.

Attachments

• photo47214.jpg
    photo47214.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 37
3f5f4cfc0e4596dcc69be7060f531cf8.jpg

Defiance 338LM, 29" Krieger barrel in a J Allen Chassis. As for you quest for a bipod, I love the new Atlas 5H. It's built like a tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking my first Atlas bipod at my first match was a bit of a let down, but they made it right. I have yet to throw it back on a match rifle, and it has now seen about 200 rounds of 338 and is quite loose. How does this one compare? The only thing I am not sure I like is the strange movement to level it out.

The only thing I don't like about the 5H is when leveling the rifle / bubble that the rifle will cant or tip sideways thus binding on the track versus rotating smooth, maybe its because the 375 weighs 26 lbs but still the 5H was designed for the heavyweights. It may not be a big deal but yet it is when under a time restraint. Other then that it's a perfect match for a heavy rifle.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Thought it would be interesting to see what types of rifles, builds, and gear are used for ELR shooting.

I will post pictures of my setup if I can get it put back together and to the range soon. However I am looking to upgrade my bipod from the Atlas V8 to something a bit wider. Really like the looks of the Elite Iron, but cannot find one to get my hands on.

Good topic, always useful
A decent set up for ELR...a few thoughts on what works for me...of course, this is just my opinion.

Rifle: Sako TRG 42 338LM/1-10 twist/Sako Bipod. Pills: 300 Berger OTM/89g H1000; Glass: NF NXS 5.5-22x50 NPR1; it works!
Gear and stuff, a good rear bag (mine is an old TAB), a good cant indicator (Accuracy 1st works well), a kestrel or similar and your dope book (Storm or similar). Shooters may want to get some kind of shooting mat, for when the ground is either too hot, too cold or just plainly unfriendly ;)
Target: if you do not want to shoot and destroy rocks, trees or whatever mother nature's got available, get an AR500 target, there are different sizes and thickness; just remember you will have to lift it at one point :eek:

Plenty of good rifles/scopes/gear around. Last advise to new guys in ELR, do your homework before buying, that stuff is expensive and addictive...and a shitload of fun.

Defiance 338LM, 29" Krieger barrel in a J Allen Chassis. As for you quest for a bipod, I love the new Atlas 5H. It's built like a tank!

Stag,

How do you find the JAE chassis? I've got a Manners T4-A on the way and am looking at the JAE as my next option if I don't like the stock.

Stag,

How do you find the JAE chassis? I've got a Manners T4-A on the way and am looking at the JAE as my next option if I don't like the stock.

I like the chassis a lot. It feels very solid and is very high quality. I'd definitely recommend one.

I like the chassis a lot. It feels very solid and is very high quality. I'd definitely recommend one.

Thanks for replying mate. I think I'm going to make a concerted effort to lay hands on one to get a feel for it.

Thanks for replying mate. I think I'm going to make a concerted effort to lay hands on one to get a feel for it.

That's always the best way to determine your like or dislike. The cost is a bit daunting at first but I honestly think it's worth it. It's hard to tell until you actually hold one.

That's always the best way to determine your like or dislike. The cost is a bit daunting at first but I honestly think it's worth it. It's hard to tell until you actually hold one.

I'm limiting myself to two rifles only, so don't mind the cost part. If you're going to get something, may as well get something that's worth it.

That is a healthy pile of fired 338LM brass sitting there... Thumbs up!

I solved my heavy rifle and bipod issues by designing and building my own. Rifle weights 49.5 pounds, balances like a dream and is a pleasure to shoot.

Attachments

• photo48536.jpg
    photo48536.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 42
  • photo48537.jpg
    photo48537.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 45
  • photo48538.jpg
    photo48538.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
My .30-338Norma Improved 30° wildcat
Defance Deviant LA, .750" bolt, 30moa cant. CG Mod 22 trigger
Bartlein 1:10 MTU, 28" + APA Fat Bastard brake
Micky A3 heavy fill w/KMW cheek, Defiance/Black Ops DBM
Premier 5-25x56 XR, in a Spuhr 4001
215 Hybrids @ 3155fps [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i12.photobucket.com\/albums\/a228\/fredo411\/606833FE-3070-4732-BEC9-AE464F4AC803_zpsecsponph.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Rifle weighs a smidge under 20 lbs. Tried an Atlas 5-H bipod on it for a bit, very nice. Just went back to a V8 direct mount, as its more streamlined & still plenty solid...

I am curious to know what scopes everyone here is using? I have been offered a good deal on a vortex gen I 3-18, but not sure if this magnification would be sufficient for use to 2000 yards. Thoughts? Experience?

I am curious to know what scopes everyone here is using? I have been offered a good deal on a vortex gen I 3-18, but not sure if this magnification would be sufficient for use to 2000 yards. Thoughts? Experience?

If you are going to 2000, Id spring for the 4.5-27 if your looking at Vortex.