• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ELR Rifle selection

CTSh00ter

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2010
I tried the search, both here and online, didn't find an answer.

I have been looking for awhile for an ELR rifle, I thought I was sold on the 50 bmg, just because that was all I really knew about, then I found this site and the .408/.375 CT info.

I'm looking to compare performance vs cost on the 2 platforms, the .50 seems to be cheaper in the long run, but is the performance of the CT rounds that much more superior to the 50 to justify the additional expense?

I reload, so I can save there. I only want to do this once (read that, the wife will let me get 1 ELR)

I considered the .338, but stepping up from 308 to 338 seems like a small gain for almost the same cost as the .50.

Thanks in advance

Re: ELR Rifle selection

If the search engine returned the results I was looking for, I wouldn't have to ask the question.
But thanks for a useless link.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CTSh00ter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the search engine returned the results I was looking for, I wouldn't have to ask the question.
But thanks for a useless link. </div></div>

Go fuck yourself asshole. That isn't the regular search engine on here and you obviously don't have a clue!!!

And your a democrat too? When all else fails hurl insults, the democratic way.

You see, I have been on enough boards to know, that the ones that scream "use the search" the loudest, are usually the ones that know the least.

That's a great link to a specific (more efficient) search engine for this site... posted to help you. Type the caliber you want information on in his "useless link" and start reading.

or...

You can answer your initial question by reading the thread titles on the first five pages in this forum "Beyond 1000 yards".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CTSh00ter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And your a democrat too? When all else fails hurl insults, the democratic way.

You see, I have been on enough boards to know, that the ones that scream "use the search" the loudest, are usually the ones that know the least. </div></div>

Life must really suck for you!!