• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ELR scope mount

skierhs

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2017
Hello, I just bought a new rifle scope (NF ATACR 7-35) for my ELR 338Lm rig. With this set up I am going with a 20 moa rail and a Spurh mount with some cant. The question I have is how much moa I should leave for zeroing. I am planning to add 20 moa with the Spurh mount to leave 10 moa of travel for zeroing but just want to hear what everyone else thinks.

I dont see the point in spending the extra money at the moment. The ERA TAC is just something that i dont need right now.

I'd bet you'll be zeroed within 5MOA/2MILs, from a neutral position. If you have that much left over with a canted mount, you'll be fine.

Also, every 7-35 I've seen has more than the 100MOA that is published.

I'd bet you'll be zeroed within 5MOA/2MILs, from a neutral position. If you have that much left over with a canted mount, you'll be fine.

Also, every 7-35 I've seen has more than the 100MOA that is published.
Your right, mine has 128.5 roughly but stated 100 to keep from someone trying to argue me on it. Thanks for the comment on the zeroed range of moa. I think i'm gonna zero around 114moa left which apears to be where the optical "issues" disapear with so much cant in the set up.