• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

End of Remington

If Cerberus is involved in anything, the end game is almost always a complete asset sale of whatever they invested in.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...n-debt-fizzles-as-trump-cools-firearms-fervor

Right, didn"t any of you ever watch Pretty Woman?

That is how the corporate world works. Buy a company, suck it dry, sale of the scraps that are left.

Look at Sears, the billionaire in charge of that shit show will not loose out. I can't remember how it is exactly all set up but Sears is getting loans from his other companies. Which when Sears finally goes the way of the dodo bird will mean his other companies will be the primary creditor so he will get paid back first. While laying waste to anyother stock holder and all the employees.

25 years ago my wife worked for an amazingly successful company. The owner got scared that it would all come crashing down (could not believe his good fortune). So he sold to a major player for about 25 million. They paid top dollar and wanted their money back fast vs building the brand bigger. With in 10 days quality was shit (snack food, recipe changed on day 1). With in 2 years company was gone all employees left high and dry.

Reactions: abizdafuzz
Most every recent Remington I have handled has been less than impressive. Every company that they have picked up in their giant conglomeration has went to shit too. It's a shame.

Most every recent Remington I have handled has been less than impressive.
I don't pay attention to Remington rifles, at all, so I don't know how shitty the new ones are. I've never owned one, actually. All my bolt actions have been made by Sako, CZ, and Howa.

I've owned several of their shotguns over the years tho and the quality decline is obvious there too. Their new shotgun (V3) is impressive on paper, less than so in hand. I don't have one but one of my friends does and while the gun points and balances very nicely, and it has amazingly low recoil, it always has had niggling little problems that annoy the fuck out of you.

Last edited:
Their new shotgun (V3) is impressive on paper, less than so in hand. I don't have one but one of my friends does and while the gun points and balances very nicely, and it has amazingly low recoil, it always has had niggling little problems that annoy the fuck out of you.

Like what? Failures to feed/eject?

Currently in Ilion
20170516_landscape_remington_0070.jpg

Reactions: abizdafuzz
Like what? Failures to feed/eject?
The one problem I personally witnessed and experienced with his gun was a constantly inconsistent inability to load ammo into the magazine without having to pound them in.

It's fun to watch Remington's internet shills at work
The notion that Remington has "financial woes" has been reported on and off for the last 30 years. Why does anyone think Cerberus was able to buy them in the first place? https://sgbonline.com/remington-sold-to ... 0-million/

It has been reported consistently if not constantly since 2014: https://nypost.com/2014/12/23/gunmaker- ... les-slump/ .

Several of the Remington ("Freedom Group") companies are proficiently run and have always been profitable, as is the case with their ammunition division now including Barnes.

The idea that Remington should "scrap everything" is pretty goofy. They have invested a small fortune in new tooling, new facilities, and modern manufacturing techniques. Anyone who has been through Ilion and Huntsville can't miss it.

The idea that "all Remington handguns suck" is odd, if not delusional. Remington makes a fine 1911, the RM380 is excellent, as is the relaunched RM380.

Although this is a shotgun forum, don't kid yourself . . . shotguns are not a growing market. More revolvers are made in the U.S. every year than shotguns.

In 2005, 803,425 PISTOLS (not revolvers) were made in the U.S. along with 709,313 SHOTGUNS. Also, 1,431,372 rifles/

Okay, fast forward to 2015:

3,557,199 PISTOLS made in the U.S., 777,273 shotguns, and 3,691,799 rifles. Also, 885,259 revolvers.

8,134,257 handguns and rifles . . . made in the U.S., plus 447,131 misc. firearms (8,581,388) but 777,273 shotguns. SHOTGUNS are right at just 9% of domestic firearm production.

http://randywakeman.com
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=466828

LOVE the highlight in red.......LOLOL

Last edited:
The one problem I personally witnessed and experienced with his gun was a constantly inconsistent inability to load ammo into the magazine without having to pound them in.

Wow. No excuse for that kind of crap.

Uncle Lawrence worked in Ilion ny for Remington Arms retired as a master gunsmith mechanical engineer
who designed and held the patents for the first mechanical checkering machine ever made and used by remington arms he worked on every major gun developed from 1965 to 1997 his last job was curator or the Remington arms museum he achieved National recognition for turning a cluster fuck into a 20th century firearms museum uncle Lawrence "Goodstal" passed away last summer he loved Remington arms the people he worked with his beagles and his world class museum.He would be ashamed of some of the shit they produced in the last 10 years and that's a fact. His friends knew him as Larry .

Reactions: 1J04
Footsteps, there are a couple guys over on the m40 rife forum that probably worked with your uncle.

They have been on the downhill for quite a while. It is very unfortunate, but if they aren't going to improve their products, the chapter 11 is moot. I've heard of at least one gunsmith that doesn't even want to work on new Remington actions because they are so bad. By the time it gets fixed, You are into it more than a premium clone action.

If they can't fix that, they might as well close up shop.

They have been on the downhill for quite a while. It is very unfortunate, but if they aren't going to improve their products, the chapter 11 is moot. I've heard of at least one gunsmith that doesn't even want to work on new Remington actions because they are so bad. By the time it gets fixed, You are into it more than a premium clone action.

If they can't fix that, they might as well close up shop.
I call BS on that. My buddy can take a new 700 action, true face of action and bolt face, chamber Kreiger 1-11 with 308 Bisley reamer. I will bet you I make it shoot 5 shot sub 1/2moa group at 100yds. He does it all the time. Now I have been Rem fanboy 40+ yrs. They aint what they used to be but how many custom builds do you see built on Ruger, Mossburg, winchester actions?? That says a lot

Reactions: 1J04
I call BS on that. My buddy can take a new 700 action, true face of action and bolt face, chamber Kreiger 1-11 with 308 Bisley reamer. I will bet you I make it shoot 5 shot sub 1/2moa group at 100yds. He does it all the time. Now I have been Rem fanboy 40+ yrs. They aint what they used to be but how many custom builds do you see built on Ruger, Mossburg, winchester actions?? That says a lot
No one disputes that with quite a bit of post factory work they are great guns. But with competitors like Tikka, Ruger, Bergerac making way more high quality production rifles that just shoot and work for a competitive price, Remington is just left in the dust these days. Their QC is shit, and it’s not just the 700, it’s a systemic problem throughout everything they make.

I have a 10 year old Stevens 200 action that has a tighter and smoother bolt than my 200th anniversary edition Remington 700.

Well, one gunsmith's opinion that it takes more time than it is worth to tune up a Remington action doesn't mean that they are completely useless. It's just that, in his opinion, a customer would be served better starting with a clone action and spend the gunsmith hours on other things, and end up charging the customer the same amount for a better product.

I don't think he was talking about Ruger, Mossberg, or Winchester. More like Surgeon, Stiller, or Defiance, though he didn't specifically say those names.

I'm not happy about any firearm company being on the rocks.