• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Ended deer season with .... first coyote

CharlieTN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2010
Tenneseee, USA
Have had a good deer season, taking 3. Went out again this morning despite feeling pretty under the weather since it would be the last day to hunt (season ends tomorrow). Got this coyote at 8 am. Was very happy that he wasn't all mangy as is common around here. 1st coyote for me. Might have to get back out there soon with a caller and see how many more there are.

Shot him with my .308 700 SPS varmint in B&C M40 Medalist. Have a Weaver 3-15x50 EMDR sitting on top. Load is a 165 SST loaded over H4895 at 2600 fps. Have killed 7 deer with this load, all 1 shot kills.

Thanks for looking and hope you all have a blessed 2014.

Congratulations! The first coyote is a big deal, you will always remember it. But, you are way overgunned, get yourself a 22-250 and it will open up a lot more hunting opportunities. BB

Congrats, I bet that SST dropped him pretty quick. I'm with you Adam, I prefer shooting coyotes over deer any day.

Congrats, I bet that SST dropped him pretty quick. I'm with you Adam, I prefer shooting coyotes over deer any day.

Yeah, he rocked backwards and didn't move. When I go back I'll likely take my AR as the furthest shot is 220 yards. Had the .308 since I was deer hunting.

Saw the first coyote in my neck of the woods while bowhunting this year at a buddy's house. He stopped broadside at 15yds, but I didn't shoot it because my buddy (in another stand 50 yds away) had just shot the other direction about 3 minutes earlier and I was worried it might spook his downed deer. Turns out he had shot at the same coyote and missed, then it wandered over toward my stand - still wishing I had known there was no deer involved and taken out that little bugger.