• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EndoMag review

2ndamendfan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2010
UT
For those that want to come up to speed here are 2 threads that started this endeavor.
https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...s-not-thought-of-before.6894718/#post-7278837
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/9mm-mag-insert.6894719/#post-7271257

But I will hit the highlights. I am always looking for something new to try. I have (daughters) a colt patterned AR 9 and a dedicated glock AR 9mm. They are NOT perfect but get the job done. I have issues with them. The colt Mags are a mother fucker to load. I have no clue how anyone does it without a Lula loader. I can load 32rnd Glock mags all day. Also both the Colt and Glock mags are just plain ugly sticking out of an AR. A 32rnd Glock mag actually looks better hanging out of a Glock than a AR.
Due to the pistol mags being pushed forward as far as possible for feeding the BHO is a micky mouse a fair.

9mm ARs are just plain fucking fun. With that I am going to stop and say, if you just want to buy something and be done with no tinkering then from what I have seen at some PCC competitions JP is the only way to go, out of the box.

The colt gun runs awesome and I like the fact that if my daughter wanted it could be turn into 556, 300 BO, 50 Beowulf or any other AR caliber in a matter of minutes.

The dedicated Glock mag gun takes away a lot of the modularity of the AR.

So with that I found this being released and preordered 6.
https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/endomag-9mm

For me this seems like the cats meow, full AR training/muscle memory and all the AR modularity. If you are in a hurry I will say watch this video. It is not me but my test results mimic his 100%. I did more investigation and have more details if you want to keep reading.

Here is my review.
I had also changed my buffer to this.
https://taccom3g.com/product/taccom-pcc-adjustable-buffer-system/
As this is one of 3 buffers that is highly regarded in the PCC world. previous buffer was a heavybuffers 9mm buffer. So to make sure the gun functioned as before I put 100 rnds of wolf 9mm and 25 rds of Sig hollow point through the gun before switching to another upper and the Endomag. Gun functioned great until the last few round and then the BHO started to engage with rounds still in the glock mag. could be dirt or a weak spring it has never done that before. I am about ready to ditch that God Damn BHO (on the dedicated glock lower).

FYI gun is 10.5 inch barrel which I ran mostly suppressed. On a side note the Taccom buffer gets 2 thumbs way up, a lot and I mean a lot less gas in my face with the suppressor.

Next I switched to another SBR NFA registered Lower in 556. I ran 300 rnds of wolf 9mm and 50 rnds of Sig HP through it. You would be surprised what a chore burning ammo just to burn ammo becomes. At one time my buddy counted 6 cases in the air at once. I hammered on it hard.

BHO worked flawless, due to the fact it was being oppperated like it should. The entire setup was impressive and everything I hoped for, until.........
I touched the mag, the slightest amount of pressure caused it to jamb.
Now you have to know the Endomag comes with a huge disclaimer that the ejector is built into the mag adapter and that if the mag is dropped with a round in the chamber and then the action cycled. The round will stay with the bolt and reenter the chamber. What is actually happening is the ejector is getting caught on the bolt when you hold the mag from moving. Like the mag needs to float a little.
This may be a deal breaker for some and I get that. I have to say that I can not think of a time ever where I rested my mag on anything. So I am going to keep working with the endomag. I will say this, who ever did the chemical composition of the plastic did a great job, that ejector takes a fucking beating. I only used 1 mag, I wanted to beat the shit out of one vs 60ish rounds out if each one. Other 5 are still in their wrappers. I did the "touch the mag" thing 5 times and that is the only 5 times it stopped function of the rifle. It twisted/bent the living shit out of the ejector. All I did was drop the mag, double check gun was clear and reinstalled the mag. I never physically touched the ejector, it snapped back into place by itself every time.

I tried to take a couple pics of what was happening. One pic shows the ejector sliding under the bolt as it should, the others show the bolt just barely snagging the ejector. Small amount of trimming might help but might also cause ejection issues. also depending on how much play your mag has it may not be an issue.
20181016_222019.jpg

20181016_222154.jpg

Next it was brought up that it would suck to mistake this mag for a 556 mag and put it in a 556 gun and have an accident. Here is what I did with my 300 BO with is cerakoted gray also.
For the 9mm I may do red or blue with red or blue high lights on the gun.
20181021_181348.jpg

All in All I am 95% happy, It did solve a couple issues but does have 1 itself. As I was walking out the door to test this mag I found this. Either way my next PCC will be based on a standard AR15 lower.
https://getstern.com/collections/all/magazine-adapters

Just picked up a few of these. Easy enough to load but curious if you've tried any loaders? Only thing I found searching was comment that Maglula AR mag loader won't work.