• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Enfield #4T bracket pads I don't need for you builders.

MJ1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2012
I post this here because no notice would happen on the for sale board. The scratch builders are here.

These were bought 20 years ago. I they came from PARGON when India surplussed out several hundred damaged scopes and brackets. These are replacement parts from shop stores used by armorers to maintain and later to build rifles when England and India split the sheets. Indian armorers just took the bare pads and used a different stronger patten for the holes one the front pad and silver soldered the rear on at the same time as the front then drilled and screwed to the receiver after range level determined. It simplified the build for them.

$70 per set shipped.

PM with questions. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Can you post a picture of the front pads rear side? Is the rear pad drilled? Looks unfinished in your picture.

MJ - do you know if these are built to the dimensions of the original unfitted pads used by H&H or are they sized to previously fitted pads?

Reason I ask is that if built to the dimensions of previously used pads, they may need shimming as the originals were individually fitted to each rifle and the blanks worked to size accordingly.

Thanks in advance for the info.

These are raw pads not drilled. the only fitted set i had are sold and gone. I bought these about 20 years ago when PARAGON was selling parts sets for the Indian L1A1 SLR STEN and other parts for Enfields. they had tonnes of the stuff. It was amazing as they had ten tables just covered with boxes you had to dig through. I cleaned the cosmoline off this set today. I do not have a set of raw H&H pads and if I did they would not be going anyplace but a bank vault.. LOL The rear, elevation, pad would be the one needing fitting the front looks identical but for the holes and the spigot in threaded for the thumb screw. Recall it is the receiver at the front that is worked not the pad.

These would be for a puca or build rifle today because of the screw holes. The rear pad should be soldered then drilled and screwed for elevation. The front spigot and bracket are then shaped for final windage. I had to work a few of those Asian copy brackets as much as .040" in depth to get them to fit original rifles for two guys. I would not get involved unless you know what your about here. This is not just a bolt on job as we know.

Here is another view laid on my spare '45 receiver.

Plus what bracket will be used.

I'm not trying to chase you off but if you haven't read Peter Laidler or his musings on building a copy I don't think this is a garage shop job honestly.

I'm looking for the metal caps(parts that retains the scope with 4 holes in it) for my bracket. These got misplaced.

I'm looking for the metal caps(parts that retains the scope with 4 holes in it) for my bracket. These got misplaced.

Bummer dude. I can ask around. Contact me with some clear sharp pictures of the bracket and I will ask around. they are normally cut from the original casting so even the most accurate separately made part will have to be fitted and trued a bit. What happened to the screws. I make no promises.