• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Enfield No 4 Mk (T) clone needs scope and mount.

NavyshooterM40

CAPT USN (ret)
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2010
Texas
I recently picked up a Enfield No 4 MK (T) clone minus the scope and mount. I know a couple of companies were making new scopes and mounts. Who is/was it and which are the best made?
Thanks

I dont know of any repro no.32 scope that's worth a crap.
The brackets are normally useable but will need fitting to the rifle, i.e. collimating.
Best of the repro brackets were made by Dr. Roger Paine in England, but they are now, unfortunately, out of production.
As for scopes my advice is to hunt up an original no.32 and have it serviced if needed or, get a 50's era Weaver k2.5/k3 that has enough room between the turrets and ocular lock ring for both bracket cradles to fit and give proper eye relief.

Last edited:
Island Accuracy in Tasmania, and Tbone Shipwrighting in New South Wales, are reputed to provide a great service for restoration and reproduction rifles.
Seriously considering an L42A1 for nostalgia and military rifle club shoots.
I love 303 and 308 😍😍😍

I put one of these on my rifle, it seems to be a good quality optic to me:

Unfortunately they are currently out of stock, but there is a notify me option.

DSC03544.JPG

DW

I recently picked up a Enfield No 4 MK (T) clone minus the scope and mount. I know a couple of companies were making new scopes and mounts. Who is/was it and which are the best made?
Thanks

I’ll keep an eye out in the UK for you. If I can help get things across to you in TX then please let me know - I’d be happy to.

(UK based). Was in a similar situation. Over here the original scopes are rare and really pricey. I just fitted a 1980s vintage Kahles 4x scope to my repro. While not exactly "period" it is certainly "in the spirit of". Impressively, after emailing Kahles with the serial number they replied confirming the details of the scope, and that it is still in warranty! S&B or Pecar vintage scopes are also an option I personally thought worth looking at.

There are a couple of makers of the repro No.32 scope and they vary dramatically in quality.
The lenses are normally VERY good, but some of the internals are sh*t.
Most repro scopes can be tightened up to reduce zero drift and back lash but it is not a nice job.
I've done a fair number of them but as spare parts are not available you have to be careful.
If you have a question on the repro drop me a PM.
I do not want to sh*t on any one maker publicly, but some are decent and others not worth the money.
The mounts run about the same, with some made in India at the bottom of the list and others are excellent.
There is no way of knowing where they come from until you get one as they sellers will not tell you.
I hope this helps, as I have worked on a number of them over the years and NOT looking for business.
I am just too busy right now with original No.32 scopes.

I've managed to snaffle a RSM scope.
Seems to be okay.
Put it next to an original, evidently it's been blue printed from a real one, and the glass is good.
The mount is identical, and seems robust. Looking forward to it being on my L42A1 clone.
As much as I was tempted to obtain a real one, this will do.
It will be used and abused at military shoots.
IMG_0100.jpg
IMG_0099.jpg

I've managed to snaffle a RSM scope.
Seems to be okay.
Put it next to an original, evidently it's been blue printed from a real one, and the glass is good.
The mount is identical, and seems robust. Looking forward to it being on my L42A1 clone.
As much as I was tempted to obtain a real one, this will do.
It will be used and abused at military shoots.
View attachment 7761181View attachment 7761177
What’s the cost for that setup?

I’m late to the party but for what it’s worth…

I ordered my scope thru Numrich (I think). Warren over on the milsurps forum tarted it up for me. He has a stellar reputation and did amazing work. The scope now tracks as well as any of my Leulold’s.

Incidentally, he’s also the guy that reverse engineered the RSM Mk3 reproduction.

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart

I ordered my scope thru Numrich (I think). Warren over on the milsurps forum tarted it up for me. He has a stellar reputation and did amazing work. The scope now tracks as well as any of my Leulold’s.

Incidentally, he’s also the guy that reverse engineered the RSM Mk3 reproduction.
Me like him.
Me like him a lot.
Will gift one of my many bastard children to be his rifle bearer.
Very happy with my RSM Mk3 reproduction.

Thanks just ordered one from Numrich. Now I need to find a scope mount.

Thanks just ordered one from Numrich. Now I need to find a scope mount.
I don’t think he sells them anymore but I got mine from Roger Payne in the UK. Short of the real thing they’re the best you’ll find. I’d look around and see if anyone if you can find one for sale. Identifying it as a real Roger Payne tho might be a… pain.

I don’t think he sells them anymore but I got mine from Roger Payne in the UK. Short of the real thing they’re the best you’ll find. I’d look around and see if anyone if you can find one for sale. Identifying it as a real Roger Payne tho might be a… pain.
Roger ceased production of No.4 T brackets several years ago.
If you know what to look for it's no problem to id a Roger Paine bracket.
Brian Dick of BDL LTD in Edgefield S.C. may still have a spare RP bracket laying around but dont get your hopes up.
FWIW, Roger's brackets were made of pure Whiteheart malleable cast iron just like the originals.
As a matter of fact, theres around 200 L42a1's out there wearing one of Roger's brackets.
Near the end of its service life serviceabke original brackets were as scarce as rocking horse $h!t so the Brit MoD purchased 200 or so from Roger to keep needy L42's up and running.