• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Enidine Hydraulic Recoil Buffer for AR-10

trisurvivor

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2010
MN,USA
Has anyone used one, and are they worth the money? I am looking at adding it to the POF p308 that I am building. Thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated. I thought I would ask the experts before purchasing one.

Re: Enidine Hydraulic Recoil Buffer for AR-10

You're gonna find people that praise them and people that hate them. If you want to reduce recoil, get a good compensator. I have the Primary Weapons Systems PRC (precision rifle compensator) and if you're building a precision rifle, it's the compensator to have. If you're building a CQC rifle, the FSC30 is the ticket.

Primary Weapons Precision Rifle Compensator
PWS_PRC_5824_L_1.jpg

Primary Weapons FSC30
PWS_FSC_30_L_1.jpg

I have one in my LMT LWS and it reduced the recoil, I estimate about 15-20% I don't know if it was worth the extra cost. But I at the same time I put a PRS stock on it so I am not sure how much effect the Endine had on the recoil reduction.

If you want one, I have one that has about 50 rounds on it I will sell ya.

Not worth it.

Adj gas blocks do the most with big muzzle brakes being second place. Carrier weights, heavy buffer, didn't make a difference it was all in my head.

Just get a good in-spec buffer and spring.

BTW JP Tank Brake is the best but people next to you will hate you.

I have one in a 223 AR DMR rifle. Does it work? yes, I can feel the difference between the standard buffer and the enidine. It slows down the action and to a lesser degree reduces the initial jolt of the bolt slamming back. BUT, a heavy buffer will give the same result for less money. For my 308 POF I plan to get a heavy buffer instead of buying another enidine.

I used one in a .458 Socom and could not feel any change as far as recoil.They are a waste of money.

I would either use a Slash Heavy Buffer or the new JP Silent Buffer. I run both and like both a bunch. I suspect one will eventually win out in my kit but both are outstanding. +1 also on adding a break

Take the advice of those suggesting a heavy buffer and/or a brake. I bought the enidine and it's not good for much unless you're trying to make your rifle unreliable.

I have one on a DMPS 308 along with adj gas block does soften up recoil.

I tried one on a rem 870 with mesa tactical adapter, it definitely tamed the slugs, im putting one in my SEI MK14 MOD1 EBR