• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

enjoy your father.

firefox

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2005
ma hiking shooting
well its a year today i lost my dad. boy was he tough, but fair, and if you needed help he would be there and if you needed to talk he would hear what was going on. he was a very hard worker he always said hard work pays off it does freedom is not free its paid for learned that very well so to all who have dads and u dads happy fathers day enjoy them with your family goes by to fast.

Re: enjoy your father.

I would have to agree with you on this one. I lost my dad four years ago and he was my best friend. Even now there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about him. Appreciate your fathers while they are here cause when they are gone, they are gone.

For those of you who have fathers that are getting up there in years, you might want to make sure that you have lots of pictures/videos of your father and if they are the type to reminisce, see if you can record them. I used to spend Sunday mornings drinking coffee with my dad and just shooting the breeze with him. I wish to god that I had recorded some of those conversations with him. The only recording of his voice that I have of him was from the answering machine.

You would be amazed at the things that you really miss.

+1 OP.

I lost my father 11/17/10 to a heart attack.

My wife woke me up this morning at 4:15 because I had been crying and she heard me. When she woke me up, I had just finished a dream where my Pop and I were having breakfast (which we used to do all of the time), and we had to leave. He was getting into his vehicle as we said our goodbyes, and he told me, "you know I don't want to leave, but I have to..." As he reached out to shut his Bronco's door, he said, "man, I hate this fucking shit..." Anyone who knew my Pop knew he swore like the sailor he was, so that was my validation that it was actually him dropping in this Father's Day.

My pillow was soaked and I was not able to go back to bed, but I'd take that every day of the week, and twice on Sunday. It was the greatest Father's Day gift.

Love you Pop.

Happy Father's Day to all of you Dad's.

I can relate even after all these years. Lost Pop in March of '98. He always said hard work wouldn't kill you, in his case he was wrong. He spent many years working 7days a week not concerned about taking care of his diabetes as he should, he was too busy.
He finally retired in '90 and we had 5 good years together. Hunting, fishing, shrimping with our old 17' boat, not near enough trips to the Gulf Stream on the headboat, but enough memories to last a lifetime. I took lots of pics but not near enough. I took it all for granted that he would be around another year, and there would be another season to hunt and fish. I always tell my girls you better jump at the chance to go to the range with me, or a match. I am still pretty young but no one is guaranteed tomorrow.
This should be the time of year we as fathers resolve to spend more time with our progeny, passing on the knowledge and wisdom of our years and making those memories that they will cherish.
Like many work often gets in my way and schedules don't always jibe for that quality time we would all like. Make the most of your time on this earth and spend more time with your kids.
Happy Fathers Day gentlemen.

PS: I would give almost anything, even to work another job digging a service line ditch with him, even those have now become the best memories of them all. Even to hear him sing another George Jones classic(which used to embarrass the hell out of me,and he COULD sing) has become priceless. Got something in my eye.