• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Enjoyed my weekend.

mbrittan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2008
Southern Wisconsin
I was shooting at the F-Class / Highpower Regionals this weekend in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. The wind was a little tricky for me, and it got a little warm (94F). We were shooting at 600yrds, 160 shots for record, shot over Saturday & Sunday.

I was using a Savage action, with a 28inch Criterion bull barrel in the TubeGun chasis that I made, with a Harris bipod. The TubeGun chasis makes a big difference in felt recoil, due to the straight line tube design and it's 17.4lb weight. I also am happy with the Criterion barrel. As of the end of the match I only had 380 rounds through the barrel, and it is shooting great. I had cleaned it once, and did not get any copper showing on the patches. I also had a NightForce NXS 5.5-22x56 to top it off, thanks to a friend I met through work.

At the end of the first day I was averaging about 3 to 4 points per string below what I do during practices. It turned out to be enough to win F-TR for the first day. Sunday started out hot and got hotter in a hurry. I was shooting the same for the first three strings of the day, but had a steady condition for the last string and pulled off a 196. Again, enough to win for the day.

So I had a good weekend.

Very nice. What trigger and what pull weight? Oh, and Congrats!

Nice experiment with a win to back up your hard work. Been thinking about doing something simular with a 40x rf or a 700 Pss in 223.