• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Enterprise Arms M14A2? Now with Pics!

Noxspector

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2006
Oregon
Don't know if this should be here or the Gun Smithing area........

I'm hoping that someone here might be of help.

I have a line on a Enterprise Arms M14A2 that needs a bit of TLC as it has "Some Surface Rust" so I'm told. I have reason to believe that this is a pretty accurate description, but won't know until I have it in hand. Since I'm new to this world (M1 / M14) I'd like some history and experience on this company and what I might be getting into for a project. From what I have read and herd these can be billet machined to not properly heat treated hunks of metal. The Hunk of metal was more directed to a comment about their FAL receivers I don't know what era this is from, but I was also told it had a USGI bolt.

I'd like some info and see what the hive mind has to say.

I'm figuring for the $450 he's asking the receiver is worth that.

Thanks ahead of time,

Nox

Re: Enterprise Arms M14A2?

Stay clear of Entreprise Arms M14 recievers. Go to M-14forums.com and do a search.

I've only heard bad things about their receivers but I can't substantiate from personal experience.

The parts alone are with it if they're GI and in decent shape.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RossinFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The parts alone are with it if they're GI and in decent shape. </div></div>
These days a GI bolt and trigger group will run near $450, for parts that are in great condition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 18Echo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stay clear of Entreprise Arms M14 recievers. Go to M-14forums.com and do a search. </div></div>

I have heard the same about Entreprise; however I had the Israeli FAL HB made on a Imbel reciever, built at Entreprise, it was a well made, accurate, reliable firearm. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another, if it had the Imbel reciever.

-$450 + one Enterprise Arm's Receiver = -$450. I have yet to see or read about a well made Enterprise Arm's receiver. But who knows you may get lucky

Check an see if it's built from GI parts. If it is buy it, trash the reciever, and install a LRB reciever an don't look back.

Thanks for the replys and info. I've got a thread over on the M14 forum. The Enterprise receivers aren't favored by many. I'll take a look at it this weekend and see. I won't have any chance to take it to a smith for a good look over, but I will have a few more experienced (M14,M1, Garands) friends with me....

I don't know if I really want to take on a big project at this point. I haven't touched my De Lisle project lately. Hell I haven't even had any trigger time in two months.

My two main purchases from the gun show.

This is the rifle that I prearranged to purchase before the show. On the way to to the show I received two calls asking if I wanted to double my money. I hadn't even seen it. I need to go through and clean it. the head spacing may be a touch shallow so it needs some looking into before trigger time, but whoever built it did know a few things about doing so. Doesn't look like a hack job or so I'm told by the knowledgeable friends who looked at it with me. the parts are all USGI with the exception of the gas block which is a "?".

Barrel: chrome lined HR
Bolt: HP
Trigger Group: Winchester
Hammer: SA Garand
OP Rod: I don't remember what my friends said....maybe a SA?

The bore of the barrel looks excellent and gages tight. the receiver is an Enterprise arms that looks good so far.

A touch of a few light rust spots here and there so I may have it reparked.

There are many rifles like it, but this one is <span style="font-weight: bold">MINE!</span>

M14A2
M14A2001.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

It's a M14A2 built with an Enterprise Billet receiver and USGI parts. And yes the lug is a fake that someone put on.

Rossi 44 Special
Rossi44spcl001.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg