• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Entitlement mentality

bcw1284

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2008
Cheyenne, Wyoming
oh how we have failed our youth...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/28/teen-pistol-whipped-mom-buy-car-sheriff-says/?intcmp=obinsite

"FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Authorities in southwest Florida say a 17-year-old girl pointed a gun at her mother, pistol-whipped her and forced her to drive to a dealership to buy her a used car.

The sheriff's office in Lee County said Monday that the teen has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill, among other counts, and was being held at a juvenile detention center. The Associated Press doesn't identify minors charged with juvenile crimes.

According to officials, the mother said she didn't want to press charges because her daughter had been accepted to several Ivy League schools.

Authorities said they decided to arrest the teenager after learning that the gun had been stolen last year. The teen was not charged in that crime."

Re: Entitlement mentality

That is probably a girl who never got disciplined when growing up. Spare the rod - spoil the child

Man, that's unbelievable. It's sad that it seems like things have gotten progressively worse..

I am glad I do not have kids. My hat is off to all those who raise them properly in a sea of social influences that constantly try to make them do otherwise. That girl is obviously not an example of one who was raised properly, and if she were my kid, she would now wish I had never had kids.

Sometimes there just aren't enough wood sheds
wink.gif

Prime example of why those who feel ivy leagues have smarter people than elsewhere, are full of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prime example of why those who feel ivy leagues have smarter people than elsewhere, are full of it. </div></div>

Smarts and ethics are different animals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prime example of why those who feel ivy leagues have smarter people than elsewhere, are full of it. </div></div>

Smarts and ethics are different animals.</div></div>

same applies to common sense...

So SOOOO sadly, it just doesn't really surprise me. I mean, it's amazing sometimes what it takes to actually shock us as society anymore!

She'll be a future adult arrest in her ivy-league campus of choice. Hopefully she'll go to law school to spare her parents the legal fees!!
crazy.gif

-G45

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sled Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I'll call my dad and thank him for smacking me when I was acting up. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prime example of why those who feel ivy leagues have smarter people than elsewhere, are full of it. </div></div>

Smarts and ethics are different animals. </div></div>

Prime example: Bernie Madoff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So SOOOO sadly, it just doesn't really surprise me. I mean, it's amazing sometimes what it takes to actually shock us as society anymore!

She'll be a future adult arrest in her ivy-league campus of choice. Hopefully she'll go to law school to spare her parents the legal fees!!
crazy.gif

-G45 </div></div>

Those schools will drop her like hot rock. She'll be lucky to go to the local community college. No knock on community colleges, I went to one before I went to a 4 year school.

Jamie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So SOOOO sadly, it just doesn't really surprise me. I mean, it's amazing sometimes what it takes to actually shock us as society anymore!

crazy.gif

-G45 </div></div>

Those schools will drop her like hot rock. She'll be lucky to go to the local community college. No knock on community colleges, I went to one before I went to a 4 year school.

Jamie </div></div>

Yeah, the admissions offices at big name schools are pretty well informed these days. I've known people get their acceptance rescinded because of police run-ins. There's never a lack of people waiting to go to Harvard, so those places can pretty much cut loose anyone they want.

What's better is that this story gives us our "kids these days" thread of the week...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sierra1926</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man, that's unbelievable. It's sad that it seems like things have gotten progressively worse..</div></div> I was a recruiter in that area for three years. I believe it.

Not at all what I expected...

263dhqh.jpg

However, with schools being the PC havens that they are these days, I bet she gets a full-ride to her choice of Ivies.

no way, she used a gun so she is out of the PC world.

It's been my experience at work: The higher the educational level (intelligence), then the greater the likelihood that the individual will act like a 2 yr old.

Kids today are from the I-generation.
I-POD, I-PAD, I-PHONE, I-wont listen to my parents,I-will call the cops if you smack me, I-dont wanna be successfull.

What a sad society we have greated with political correctness.

I do agree that society is not headed in the right direction. However I have to blame the parents (mostly) and not the kids. If you aren't taught right from wrong in the first place how do you really know whats right and wrong? Look at High School aged kids and all you really see is a regurgitation of their parents. They really haven't been alive long enough to form an opinion. You graduate at the age of 18 and until the age of 16 you basically rely on your parents to get everywhere and to get everything. We have parents today who are neglecting their child and starving their pets so they can play PS3 / XBOX.

On the opposite side of the neglect spectrum we have overbearing parents. These people for a lack of better words brainwash their children. They too feel what they are doing is right for raising their family. Look at the Westboro Baptist Church and you will see what I mean. They have little 10yr old kids holding "Pray for more dead soldiers" signs, and when confronted they have no clue what that stuff means.

So there you have it, two complete opposite sides of the spectrum and from what I see neither look too great, Do the best you can NOW as a parent and hope for the best.

One last note, EVERY generation says the next is worst than the last!

Really the answer is simple - Time Out. You take time out of your day to whip their ass when they need it. Done deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not at all what I expected...

263dhqh.jpg

</div></div>

She probably would've just drove down the road doing 20 under the speed limit with the turn signal on the whole time if she got a car.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not at all what I expected...

263dhqh.jpg

</div></div>

She probably would've just drove down the road doing 20 under the speed limit with the turn signal on the whole time if she got a car.

</div></div>

+1 hahahaha