• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Entrenching tool

HMRamateur

Will work for powder
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2019
Anyone here use entrenching tools or shovels? I need a good one for camping and backwoods hunting. Not looking for the 10 in 1 multi tool shovel that I can fight my way through the zombie apocalypse with. Just need a tough, dependable shovel for burying my shit and/or building moats around the tent when it rains. The smaller/lighter the better, but not looking to give up too much weight for strength, just something I can strap to the backpack.

The Glock E-tool is pretty solid, needs to be tightened up every so often, but not too bad. The added saw is ok and you really don't even notice its there, not a gimmicky chinesium 10-1 tool.

I have a nylon trowel I got at Walmart for less than a dollar, lightweight and durable, been pretty handy in the odd occasion when it’s needed. I have a fancy folding e-tool but it’s like 4 pounds so I leave it in the car in case I get stuck or need to dig a foxhole.

Reactions: camocorvette
Go with a milsurp E-tool for light trenching work, and burying your tent/tarp walls.

I have a folding steel trowel for digging shit holes.

Checkout trowels at REI, cabelas, bass pro, and sportsman's warehouse. If you want to be real fancy gets a 5 gallon bucket and a pooper lif.

i have tried a lot of folding shovels in my younger days, this is the only tool that works and wont break:

german military folding shovel( dont buy a repro) it will outlast you

German e-pick tool.jpg

I think I’d want to pick one out from a surplus store, those pics on amazon tell me you are rolling the dice as to what condition they will arrive in. The one I bought was like new, no rust and no wear.

Mine was new when it came in.

Who cares unless its broken......

I have E tools in my Jeep. Hard to break except the one I had welded open. It got something in the nut and wouldn't tighten any more. I've thought of the Glock Tool, the saw looks to be a bonus.

I agree with sid. I've used and carried the German surplus one for a few years now. I do a lot of gold prospecting and have beat the hell out of it. The pick on it comes in handy too. If you need an absolute work horse it fits the bill. No it's not light and it's not very high tech tacticool but it's solid and reliable.

The Cold Steel Spetsnaz shovel is pretty nice. Used it for quite some time now. Can also be sharpened somewhat to do some emergency hacking at things.