• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision entry level NV scopes

7.62_Reaper

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2012
i am looking into an "entry level" NV scope and wanted to know if there are any out there that aren't giant hunks or crap for under or around $1000. Any recommendation?

josh

You "might" find something for sale from someone that is hard up for cash but that's a looooooong shot. Save your cash and with $2000 you could buy something nice!!!! I was looking on another gun site that has an PVS-7 AG and it looked great. If I didn't have money saved for an CNVD I'd own it !!

I purchased an Armasight CO MR ID from nightvisionguys.com. I'm expecting delivery Tuesday and I'll report back on performance. I too was frustrated at the minimal info that could be found on kit that was useable under the 2K price point.

Hey Match308,

I just made a deal for one of these, assuming yours is the Gen 2+ for under 2K. Mine is a week out, would like to know what your experience is when you get it.

I purchased an Armasight CO MR ID from nightvisionguys.com. I'm expecting delivery Tuesday and I'll report back on performance. I too was frustrated at the minimal info that could be found on kit that was useable under the 2K price point.

What tube does the Armasight CO MR ID use?

entry level NV scopes

Roger that. I'll follow up. Min is a Gen 2+ ID. I'll be using it on a 300AAC SBR
They use an Eastern European tube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Roger that. I'll follow up. Min is a Gen 2+ ID. I'll be using it on a 300AAC SBR
They use an Eastern European tube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey sorry this isn't really relevant, but I got your PM. Your inbox is full. Let me know when you are ready for it and I'll resend it. Thanks!

Yes, the ID tube will generally be Russian. They are good tubes as far as gen 2 goes, but if it were my money, I'd spend a little more and get the HD tube (French). They are really solid performers. That is not to say that the ID tube is bad, I just think the HD is well worth the extra money.