• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes eotech 4x magnifier

500grains

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
dirt nap
Does anyone know why Eotech dropped the 4x magnifier after just a year or so? Some of the resellers have them but the 4x is not on eotech's website any more.

EOTech-4X.FTS-2.jpg

Re: eotech 4x magnifier

Prolly b/c they were so damn spendy compared to the 3x, and to only gain a 1/2 power mag....

My guess.

I just got one. I'll let you know if I have any issues.. I am impressed so far with mine......Smokerolls

I was trying to buy a 4x but they told me I could only order a 3x, would have loved to order a 4x fts, my buddy has one and I loved it, hopefully the 3x isn't that far off.

I was looking at those and the prices are ridiculous. Is 3X power glass really with the $400, even without the $300 mount?

As JRose said.....the 3X is a true 3.25 power, the 4X is a true 3.75 power.....per EOTech's website.
That alot of bucks for only .5 power increase. FOV may be better though.

I had a 3x/557 combo and was not very happy with it.
My vision, with or without corrective lenses, left me barely able to use the dots.
When they didn't become one line, I was seeing double dots.

I dumped the whole rig and got a USO SN-4 1.5-6 with JNGMOA reticle.
I am much happier and I can hold any distance I wish. Nothing to carry/remove/replace.
I can see/use this reticle just fine, with or without glasses.

One update on the 4X magnifier. I have noticed that your eye has to be quite close to the magnifier to see perfectly, not a problem but an observation... As far as buying the magnifier, you will get raped if you just buy the 4X magnifier. you can save a lot of jingle if you buy as a package or kit in one box. You can buy both if you can find one for around $1000.( This comes with the 557? I think...and it has the 223 bullet drop / ranging reticle..... I'm enjoying mine and you just hit the lever and the magnifier flips out of the way..... SmokeRolls