• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Eotech 512 Problems?

sjbryan308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2010
Oxford, NC
Ive got a 512 and the batteries leaked acid all in the battery compartment and now even after cleaning it up I cant get it to work at all, anybody got any insight on this? Thanks.

Re: Eotech 512 Problems?

Eotech has replacement battery compartments that you can buy to fix the issue. I had it happen once but caught it early, I used coca cola to kill the acid on a q-tip and tried to clean up the acid residue as long as the contacts are okay it may work again.

A guy at the range said the same thing just the other day. He had to send his EOtech back for service. Another reason why I only use ACOG's.

I too have the 512 and had the battery leak problem. By accident I had stored the unit with the batteries in place. The contact points had turned a dull silver color. I called EOtech and even tho it was a few months out of warranty it was fixed with out a charge. Now I store it with the case open but batteries in place.

Maxwell

Thanks I guess I will look for a replacement battery compartment, or try the coke on it to clean it up

The battery leak problem has been an issue with the 552 as well. I read a post about a year ago on subguns where a guy ruined his 552 because of batterys leaking. I decided to check my 3 month old 552 a sure enough one of the batteries had just started to leak. I nver leave the batteries in when not in use.
Good luck with getting your EoTech fixed. I'd call them since this has been an ongoig issue with their product.

What batteries are you using?
I have two 3 years old 512 sights with energizer industrial batteries that came with it . I never had problems with sights and still running original battaries...

I am using the Energizer Max batteries the 552 came with. I was told that the pressure of the locking system on the EoTechs that use AA's is causing the problem. I haven't heard of any problems with the CR123's