• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Eotech 556 Anyone shoot one?

Re: Eotech 556 Anyone shoot one?

I have a 553 A65 on my LMT and a 511 A65 on my Beretta CX4...can't go wrong with them from my point of view.

Love my EOTechs. Very effective for quick target acquisition.

love all my Eotechs, The only drawback is battery life comparing them to the Aimpoints. I think with both eyes open they are way ahead of the aimpoint and I had both. but thats just my .02

i love mine, they are great for cqc and closer in shots. cannot go wrong with one

I went with the all AA batteries, just easier to come across. I have never had one just die on me but, Im sure L3 Eot web page should list that on the high side im sure but should be around there in ideal situations.

I personally like the AA battery models as well just for avalibilty and they are a little cheaper round here. The thing with the older model eotechs is that the way that the battery compartment was designed with the batts sitting parrallel to the rifle thus meaning the springs get compacted ever so slightly under recoil and over time they will wear out. Probably not if it is used for a plinking gun, and probably not even for a combat weapon. But that flaw has been fixed in some of the new models like that tiny ass eotech the battery runs perpindicular to the recoil and doesnt put as much strain on the springs. But my eotech has seen full auto fire on a M249 in country and i havent had one problem with it at all and now it sits on my ar. You cant go wrong with Eotech. Sorry for the winded response

I don't like the EOTech's for one reason, they wash out in sunlight for me. My Aimpoint doesn't do that, it has a very bright setting for bright sunlight and can still be seen. I had 2 EOTech's but sold them. They also looked "fuzzy" to me, not sharp & crisp like the Aimpoint. I also never liked the knob's on them, just personal pref. though. If I were to buy a new reddot scope it would be the Elcan SpecterRD. Don't get me wrong, EOTech's are good sight's and alot of people love them. They are well made, (although I hear Aimpoint's hold up better), and they are quick to get on target, esp. inside / CQB work. I just like a sight that will work no matter what the condition's. If they made the retical sharper & put a "super bright" mode in one, I would give them another try myself. Personally I only like reddot sight's on subgun's anyway. Anything with any range to it I like at least a 3x, 1-5x, or something like that.