• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Eotech ClipIR thermal vs Halo X-50

Sgp12345

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2021
CA
I realize these are 2 completely different thermals.. I am only interested in image quality. I can’t decide between the eotech (1-8 version) and either halo-x35 or 50. Both similarly priced, granted you need to factor in scope cost for the clip on.

Which thermal has a better image out to 500-750 yards or so? For eotech, probably use a vortex 1-10 or vudu 1-10.

Thanks 👍

Halo-50.
The theon mk1 mr gets challenged at 6x and is definitely struggling at 8x.
The halo looks fabulous at 3.5x (native optical) and still solid at 7x (2x digital) and not useless a 14x (4x digital)

The theon LR mk1 however is solid to 10x and elr to 15x ...

Reactions: rlsmith1
Halo-50.
The theon mk1 mr gets challenged at 6x and is definitely struggling at 8x.
The halo looks fabulous at 3.5x (native optical) and still solid at 7x (2x digital) and not useless a 14x (4x digital)

The theon LR mk1 however is solid to 10x and elr to 15x ...
Thanks for the reply!

My ClipIR-ELR is untouched by any dedicated thermal I've used other than maybe the FLIR PTS736 which is long out of production.

My ClipIR-ELR is untouched by any dedicated thermal I've used other than maybe the FLIR PTS736 which is long out of production.
Im sure but I was comparing to the regular “MR” version.. I realize there are better clip ons but was looking at the 8k ish range

If you want to shoot 700 yards with a sub-8k thermal then I would tell you to track down a FLIR PTS736. It won’t have a warranty but I’m not aware of anything that will have a better image at that kind of distance that isn’t a five-figure purchase.

If you want to shoot 700 yards with a sub-8k thermal then I would tell you to track down a FLIR PTS736. It won’t have a warranty but I’m not aware of anything that will have a better image at that kind of distance that isn’t a five-figure purchase.
It was that good even with a 320 sensor? I had a PTS536 at one point but ended up selling before I ever got around to using it.