• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Eotech ELR and Bering SY-Cii photos.

Ksracer

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
I've had a couple PM's asking about the second generation Bering Optics Super Yoter clip on. The main question seems to be "how good is the image at range". I thought I would post these here for others who might be interested also.

I'm not going to call this a comparison, because we all know it's not an apples to apples test because the Yoter is in a wider FOV class and it's a third of the price. But I will say that within a couple hundred yards and under 10x the SY-Cii holds its own very well image wise. Plus it has onboard recording, is smaller, and has the larger FOV. I wouldn't have hesitated to spend this winter hunting with it if the Eotechs hadn't come along.

These pics were taken back to back. I've got more at 700yds I can post later if anybody is interested.

Also note, at 2.5x I'm loosing FOV with the Yoter. There is more past the edges.
markup_21361000.JPG_copy_3456x2592.png
markup_21195200.JPG_copy_3456x2592.png

Edit. I'm looking back at these wondering if I forgot to adjust the parallax on the NX8. Check out the 700yd pics for a more accurate comparison. That's a heated 50%IPSC at 400yds.

Attachments

• markup_21304000.JPG_copy_3456x2592.png
    markup_21304000.JPG_copy_3456x2592.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 231
  • markup_21304700.JPG_copy_3456x2592.png
    markup_21304700.JPG_copy_3456x2592.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 218
  • markup_21310200.JPG_copy_3456x2592.png
    markup_21310200.JPG_copy_3456x2592.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 209
  • markup_21310900.JPG_copy_3456x2592.png
    markup_21310900.JPG_copy_3456x2592.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 208
Last edited:
The difference beyond 2.5x is staggering. Alexander the Great must be running Theon, because them Greeks be kickin’ ass!

Reactions: cantankerous
700y looks like a lot better on yoter vs 400y. The ELR is a very impressive unit. I wish I'd waited for one vs the mid line LR.

It seems to do pretty well. These pics were taken tonight. It was around 40*F with 90% humidity and a cold drizzle had just started to fall. My GF had her XQ38 Helion with and commented several times that the conditions were really bad, but it didn't affect either clip on much.
The Eotech does better on the animals but the background is sharper with the Bering.

The close deer are 600+ yds and the tree is about 450.

20221209221815~2.jpg
20221209221812~2.jpg

Reactions: 260284
It seems to do pretty well. These pics were taken tonight. It was around 40*F with 90% humidity and a cold drizzle had just started to fall. My GF had her XQ38 Helion with and commented several times that the conditions were really bad, but it didn't affect either clip on much.
The Eotech does better on the animals but the background is sharper with the Bering.

The close deer are 600+ yds and the tree is about 450.

View attachment 8017827View attachment 8017828

Thank you! In better conditions, would you compare image quality of the ELR to say an xrf NVision? Also, how does the ELR compare with the TigIR? I have an xrf but I would like a clip on to take some longer shots I can dial for. I don’t mind spending extra money for image quality or a more robust product. What in your opinion is the best value for the money?

Thank you! In better conditions, would you compare image quality of the ELR to say an xrf NVision? Also, how does the ELR compare with the TigIR? I have an xrf but I would like a clip on to take some longer shots I can dial for. I don’t mind spending extra money for image quality or a more robust product. What in your opinion is the best value for the money?
I briefly owned an XRF a year ago and regularly hunt with 2 guys who own them. I can routinely PID skunks and such at 500+yds that the XRF's can't. The XRF image is impressive inside of 400yds, but the xELR continues to hold onto the details at much farther ranges. The trade off is a tighter FOV.

First night out with it a coyote got wind of us and hung up on a ridge at 508yds. The XRF guys were talking about sending a combined fire shot but couldn't get a range on anything other than the pasture in the background. I was able to get a secondary range with my Radius, dialed up 1.8mils and dropped him with 1 shot. I took another shot at 700+ later that night. I made a bad shot and missed, but I feel like the scope is capable of it.

The Eotechs aluminum housing feels very robust and durable and I have had zero issues with any part of the scope. It gives me the impression of a piece of gear that will provide years of trouble free use.

My group owned 5 X-series N-Visions at one point last year and only 1 of them has been trouble free.

I'd give the ultimate performance for long range award to the xELR. No questions.
Best value for the money goes the the Bering SY-Cii. No questions there either.
The XRF is probably the best "do it all" in one package.

Last edited:
The TigIR cannot hang with the ELR past 2-300 yards, I own both. The Tig’s strength is that it can take a lot more mag than other short-to-medium range clip-ons like an RH25 or Voodoo-S but its lack of manual focus makes it a poor choice for long range use.

I briefly owned an XRF a year ago and regularly hunt with 2 guys who own them. I can routinely PID skunks and such at 500+yds that the XRF's can't. The XRF image is impressive inside of 400yds, but the xELR continues to hold onto the details at much farther ranges. The trade off is a tighter FOV.

First night out with it a coyote got wind of us and hung up on a ridge at 508yds. The XRF guys were talking about sending a combined fire shot but couldn't get a range on anything other than the pasture in the background. I was able to get a secondary range with my Radius, dialed up 1.8mils and dropped him with 1 shot. I took another shot at 700+ later that night. I made a bad shot and missed, but I feel like the scope is capable of it.

The Eotechs aluminum housing feels very robust and durable and I have had zero issues with any part of the scope. It gives me the impression of a piece of gear that will provide years of trouble free use.

My group owned 5 X-series N-Visions at one point last year and only 1 of them has been trouble free.

I'd give the ultimate performance for long range award to the xELR. No questions.
Best value for the money goes the the Bering SY-Cii. No questions there either.
The XRF is probably the best "do it all" in one package.
Thank you very much for your thorough response! I’m leaning toward the ELR for sure.

I had a Tig, sold it for the ELR.
there were a lot of things I really liked about the Tig, but there is no comparison passed 300 -400 yards.
The ELR crushes the Tig.

At first I missed the Tig after I sold it, then I got my hands on this ELR and I haven't looked back!

They are just for different things! If you have the dough for two clip-on thermals, an ELR and a Tig is not a bad combo. One for medium to long range, the other for 300 and in. Walking around with an ELR on an AR would get tiring.

The TigIR cannot hang with the ELR past 2-300 yards, I own both. The Tig’s strength is that it can take a lot more mag than other short-to-medium range clip-ons like an RH25 or Voodoo-S but its lack of manual focus makes it a poor choice for long range use.
I have the TigIr, Voodoo S, and RH25. If the Tig had a focus, it would be supreme in my mind. But for shots out to 250yds, the voodoo is my go to every time. If I was in the wide open pastures and fields, the Tig might get more use but in Iowa, and closer range stuff, it's not hard to have 300yd and closer shots.

Reactions: Conqueror
I have the TigIr, Voodoo S, and RH25. If the Tig had a focus, it would be supreme in my mind. But for shots out to 250yds, the voodoo is my go to every time. If I was in the wide open pastures and fields, the Tig might get more use but in Iowa, and closer range stuff, it's not hard to have 300yd and closer shots.
400 yard plus shots are what I’m after. I hunt flat ground like table top and you can see the coyotes at a mile or better. No trees, just drainage ditches and that’s where they live. Almost every farm I have or hunt, given the operators capabilities, is completely safe to take 1000 yard shots. My longest through the Xrf is 693 but I would prefer to dial vs hold over.

The ELR is bananas good for that application, though the LR is certainly fine too. On longer shots my old eyes like more magnification. You’ll get yote PID from farther and see them with more detail with the ELR if that matters to you.

The ELR is bananas good for that application, though the LR is certainly fine too. On longer shots my old eyes like more magnification. You’ll get yote PID from farther and see them with more detail with the ELR if that matters to you.
That’s exactly what I’m looking for. This year they’ve been hanging up at 5-600 and won’t commit. I think weather has has some to do with it but there’s also more hunters that are less experienced starting around me educating them also. Nothing better than throwing the call out and playing screaming rabbit full volume in the same spot time after time.

That’s exactly what I’m looking for. This year they’ve been hanging up at 5-600 and won’t commit. I think weather has has some to do with it but there’s also more hunters that are less experienced starting around me educating them also. Nothing better than throwing the call out and playing screaming rabbit full volume in the same spot time after time.
That's what started pushing my range requirements also. Plus it's a fun challenge.

What rangefinder do you use? I have a radius but don’t much care for it not always holding it’s zero.
I use a radius also. I haven't had much issue with it. I usually give it a gentle "smack" after I take the rifle out of the bag and it seems to go back to zero all the time. It's pretty easy to sweep the top of a 400yd pole to double check it. Pretty much anything that's skylined will work.

Somebody else with NV could probably clarify how large the beam is and how critical the zero is.