• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Eotech EXPS3-4 w/ BDC?

Boomholzer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2002
Midwest
Just got one in from SWFA, its going back. Wanted to post up to see if anyone actually has been able to use this as intended. The BDC dots are undiscernible, it looks like a post with brigher areas....alittle better with the 3x magnifier applied. Unless I am missing something.

In retrospect, the single aiming point is true to its application but I guess I was sucked into any added utility.

Re: Eotech EXPS3-4 w/ BDC?

Had the same problem with a 556 a few years ago. Dots would become a line rather than individual dots.
The magnifier helped some, but I found the whole thing to be clunky and compromising in almost every way.

Traded it out and wound up buying a USO 1.5-6 JNGMOA.
No regrets with it.

Thanks RAF, I hope all is good on your end.
I did'nt think it was a defect. I googled the shit out of this and only found comments that the BDC dots were off per 556 drop (someone was able to use them at range?). I did figure out why the reticle is pixelized.

This year has been much better for business than the last two.
All is very well otherwise.

Hope all is well with you as well!

I don't recall your age. I am 48 now.
I think vision may be a part of the equation with these things.
Someone must be getting good use of them....but not me.

The 556 was my second ever BDC system. The first was a regular BDC reticle.
I swore I would not get another BDC....but when I was looking at EOTech's I figured it couldnt hurt. I was wrong.
smile.gif

Never again will I even consider a BDC....for many reasons.
An MOA, IPHY, or Mil system will be at the heart of any optic I consider.......if it has anything more than a single aiming point.

Same here RAF. It's been a move forward since '08 every year. This year has been mostly .gov interest contracts so who knows what next year will bring.

I am 38 and my vision is good and un-corrected. I highly doubt that your vision was a factor. Who knows on the one report I read off the wise old internets....
I am still confused on why both of noticed improvement with a external magnifier. I would have guessed it would have made it worse.

I'm planning on re-introducing myslef to off-hand carbine shooting. Who knows where it will go optics wise. I used a Aimpoint in the past. I do know that fixed BDC systems be it reticle or "calibrated" knob never worked well for me in the long haul.

Take care,
-J

I had the same problem with my Eotech. I figured it was my poor eyesight, but maybe not?

i dont have one, but have seen one of those eotechs. IMHO it is just trying to make a great cqb optic in to something it's not. the extra dots make it too busy and just slow the sight down.

I would give the EXPS3-2 a try. It can be difficult to make out the individual dots with the 3-4 reticle. The spacing between the 2 two dot in the 3-2 reticle is much more defined and easily distinguishable (with and without the magnifier).

Chase B.