• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Eotech Voodoo Shorty

MElank

Private
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2014
Oviedo, Florida
I don't know much about their Voodoo line but this little guy looks interesting. Only 11.2 inches but looks heavy.

Attachments

• photo85683.jpg
    photo85683.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 17
That is literally all I can find about this scope. I am sure they are trying to not release too much until SHOT.

Does POI shift when it gets hot or cold...? :p (couldn't help it...)

About time another company capitalized on the "Ultra Short" design that Schmidt & Bender pioneered with the 5-20 and then the 3-20. I've been hoping Vortex, Nightforce or US Optics would have taken this on (still hoping to hear more at SHOT) but EOTech is an interesting option. I wish they would have gone with lower profile turrets like S&B but a 5-25x scope in only 11.2" puts it in direct competition with the 5-20 US but offering 5x higher mag at the top end, I'll be curious what the FOV numbers are at the low end and also whether or not it suffers from tunneling. One of the best things about this in comparison to the 5-20 is the absence of the illumination tumor, they don't mention anything about illumination so hoping they offer that as it looks like there is outside knurling on the parallax knob as well as inside. Not sure what XC High-Density glass is, but hopefully it equates to the latest HD glass from Japan which has proven quite good of late. If the Vudu super short proves to handle abuse and hold up well optically and mechanically the next question logically is what reticles will be offered; hopefully, they have been watching the PRS circuit and realize that .2 mil hash marks provide an advantage and have something similar to the latest .2 mil designs. I regret selling my 5-20 Ultra Short and have pondered purchasing another, but if the Vudu 5-25x50 Super Short from EoTech proves to be a winner and comes in under the price range of the S&B US line, this could be a viable alternative indeed. But of course, everything is speculation at this point as the scope needs to get in the hands of some good reviewers and get a good workout on the PRS circuit to truly know if it's a worthy candidate to compete with the best.

Last edited:
About time another company capitalized on the "Ultra Short" design that Schmidt & Bender pioneered with the 5-20 and then the 3-20. I've been hoping Vortex, Nightforce or US Optics would have taken this on (still hoping to hear more at SHOT) but EOTech is an interesting option. I wish they would have gone with lower profile turrets like S&B but a 5-25x scope in only 11.2" puts it in direct competition with the 5-20 US but offering 5x higher mag at the top end, I'll be curious what the FOV numbers are at the low end and also whether or not it suffers from tunneling. One of the best things about this in comparison to the 5-20 is the absence of the illumination tumor, they don't mention anything about illumination so hoping they offer that as it looks like there is outside knurling on the parallax knob as well as inside. Not sure what XC High-Density glass is, but hopefully it equates to the latest HD glass from Japan which has proven quite good of late. If the Vudu super short proves to handle abuse and hold up well optically and mechanically the next question logically is what reticles will be offered; hopefully, they have been watching the PRS circuit and realize that .2 mil hash marks provide an advantage and have something similar to the latest .2 mil designs. I regret selling my 5-20 Ultra Short and have pondered purchasing another, but if the Vudu 5-25x50 Super Short from EoTech proves to be a winner and comes in under the price range of the S&B US line, this could be a viable alternative indeed. But of course, everything is speculation at this point as the scope needs to get in the hands of some good reviewers and get a good workout on the PRS circuit to truly know if it's a worthy candidate to complete with the best.

Could not not have said it better and what you said mirrors my thoughts exactly.

I was hoping Vortex would do the same thing. Maybe offer a modified version of there 3-18 but in the 5-20 range and about an inch shorter in black with the EBR7 reticle.

I know there are writers/testers/bloggers on here who have handled this - is there anything that can be said w/o violating the NDA?