• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes EOTech vs. Holosight,

ERdept

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2008
Orange County, Kali.
Is there any optical difference between the Holosite and the EOTech besides the external protection and the Night vision button that lets it go down ten level in brightness?

They're essentially the same in function right?

none...........comp M4 and 3x mag

Why get stuck with dead bateries?
why see that when you suddenly take fire, your scope has gone to sleep?
Why loose you lenses on a sand storm?

By a Aimpoint Comp M4

with a little , very little practice , target adquisition will be as fast as with an EoTech with all the added problems.
My 0,002 c

PS: Im not swedish, im spanish

Re: none...........comp M4 and 3x mag

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cybersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why get stuck with dead bateries?
why see that when you suddenly take fire, your scope has gone to sleep?
Why loose you lenses on a sand storm?

By a Aimpoint Comp M4

with a little , very little practice , target adquisition will be as fast as with an EoTech with all the added problems.
My 0,002 c
</div></div>

If your going into harms way I'd go aimpoint as well. Target aquisition is just as fast and youmay not need more than a couple hours with one to transition. Where you'll need the practice is if going from a dot two 1-4x variable, it took me alot of practice but I'm just as fast with my Short dot now as I was with my Aimpoint. Lots of options out there go with what your comfortable with and don't look back.

I went with an Aimpoint compCS from Midway - it was $399 on mega sale and looks like a great deal.

P.S. I'm not swedish, I'm Romanian.

I find the magnifier for the Eotech to be a bit heavy, and a little bulky, but I suppose everything is a compromise, and the extra weight can be made up for by dressing lightly, such as in this pajama party ghillie.

004.jpg

They are pretty darn close!

Mr M14:

I saw that deal myself, is that a good model Aimpoint? I have never seen it before and thought the mount was too low for a 1/3 co-witness??

Not to hijack, but my search-fu is very weak. How does the Comp M4 co-witness with a standard a3 upper and standard gas block front sight post? I'm looking to get an aimpoint with which to do an actual co-witness (terminology?), not bottom 1/3. Also, any BUIS rear sight recommendations to do the same?
Thanks