• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EOTECH Vudu 1-10 SR5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2023
Denmark
Looking for other Vudu LPVO owner that might have similar experience...

So I got a brand new Eotech VUDU 1-10 FFP in SR5 reticle. The scope's fit and finish is really good. Zeroed it in, and did a tall target test to vrify if my socpe mounting skills is totally shit or OK. And everything turns out to be very good. It tracked exceptionally well! 10 mils up and it landed 10 mills up. And backing it down again and it hits zero perfectly at 100 meter.

Very happy for the scope, and shot 27 rounds that day. So when I got home I was playing with the diopter focus at 10x after it was calibrated at 1x. What I discovered is at 10x zoom, and backing it back to say 9x or 8x the entire reticle looks like the glass is gonna fall off, it gives a sudden movement like its slidign into a notch in the scope.
Later I discovere there is an audible click sound whenever I back from 10x to less. It for sure feels like the glass where the reticle is etched onto is loose after 27 shots!

Have any other Eotech Vudu owner experienced this before?? I have attached a zip file containing a video of the reticle moving.

Well its not a virus zipped in the file. its a legit video of the reticle doing the weird moving stuff. I tried to attach it directly, but the file extension won't allow me, so I was forced to zip it. But yeah I understand the suspicion with nowdays hacking stuff. :)

Mine doesn’t do that.
How many shots you have through yours? And have you tried to zoom all the way up to 10x and then slowly back off and keep an eye on the reticle and see if it does any sudden movement? It does this from 10x to 9x, 9x to 8x etc. and this stops at 5x. From 5x and backing down the zoom this is gone! And it doesnt do it on its way up the zoom scale. Only on its way down! :-/

Ok it says in about 4 hours it will go public. Lets see if I have done it right. i made it public now. :)

It’s completely normal to see the reticle jump a little on FFP scopes and going mag and forth in magnification. Some do it more than others and it doesn’t shift your zero or anything. I have two Vudu 1-10’s and didn’t really notice it.

Reactions: Itsadryheat
How many shots you have through yours? And have you tried to zoom all the way up to 10x and then slowly back off and keep an eye on the reticle and see if it does any sudden movement? It does this from 10x to 9x, 9x to 8x etc. and this stops at 5x. From 5x and backing down the zoom this is gone! And it doesnt do it on its way up the zoom scale. Only on its way down! :-/
A few hundred rounds. Shouldn’t matter.
I have many times cranked mag up to 10X and then back down through lower mag.

It’s completely normal to see the reticle jump a little on FFP scopes and going mag and forth in magnification. Some do it more than others and it doesn’t shift your zero or anything. I have two Vudu 1-10’s and didn’t really notice it.
Ok its abit difficult to talk about the reticle now the video has a annoying pending time. But the scope didnt do that at first. So something has changed after the zeroing. Also the audible click is just weird. The "jumping"/"moving" is like 0.1 mil movement. Is this really normal??

Ok its abit difficult to talk about the reticle now the video has a annoying pending time. But the scope didnt do that at first. So something has changed after the zeroing. Also the audible click is just weird. The "jumping"/"moving" is like 0.1 mil movement. Is this really normal??

I didn’t watch the vid and I’m not going to click a whatsapp file. I’m just going based on your description of what’s happening.

I didn’t watch the vid and I’m not going to click a whatsapp file. I’m just going based on your description of what’s happening.
Oh yeah the youtube link is opening in about 4 hours. I just need to wait it out before its public available :)

Status
Not open for further replies.