• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eotech Vudu 5-25X50mm main tube length??

Pink_Mist

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Hello, I am hoping that someone with a Vudu 5-25 can help clear up a question. What is the main-tube length. I need to choose a mount that will fit. Eotech did not include this dimension online. I am leaning towards a ADM Recon with the minimum height required to mount on an AR platform.
VUDU MOUNTING LIMITATIONS.jpg

Okay, I think I may have answered my own question. I used MS paint to determine that the 34mm tube = 133 pixels. So 1mm =3.911 pixels. I measured the space as 500 pixels divided by 3.911 = 127mm.

Supercorndogs may have a point. Im using a OBR mount not the split ring one. Only ADM ive used was on a small frame AR with 1-4 and not on a large bore rifle with big scope.

I have two identical mounts but in 30mm holding MK4s. What specifically are you referencing? I have not encountered issues thus far. Several thousand rounds fired from a .308 with ADM recon mount attached. As far as QD mounts go, return to zero with ADM is superior to mounts twice the price.

i have it in a larue mount but I think ADM mounts are just as good.
I would agree but different details to each keep them neck and neck. Larue's finish is superior. ADM return to zero is rated high. Larue's ease of operation. Larue uses cam tensioning while ADM has adjustable tensioning / retention. ADM can be difficult to remove if over adjustment occurs. I would say the lower price of the ADM should not be an assumed to reflect quality.

In addition to avoiding vertical split rings I would use a 1.5” height or at least 1.375. Unless your ar is weird like the POFs with the additional height of the rails on rails picatinny rail

Like this.

GDI has the best RTZ fwiw

I would not get vertical split rings. They have a much higher instance of causing troubles.
I mistakenly did not dig deep into the VSR threads. WOW what a dead horse debate that has been. Looks like I am going to just spend until it hurts. - which is less than damaging a 2K optic.

A plain ole 130 dollar set of Seekins high rings works jus fine. Unless you can't get your scope far enough forward with them.

A plain ole 130 dollar set of Seekins high rings works jus fine. Unless you can't get your scope far enough forward with them.
Leupold MK4s are 149 shipped from amazon. Now I get to wait 10 days to get the mount from Midway, return the ADM and eat the shipping.