• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Eotech X-ELR Clip-ons 2023 (MK2) in stock

Glad to see we are still seeing more coming to the market. Now if we could pull this economy out of the dumpster I could buy more stuff.
I wrote a letter to Buck Fiden just the other day on this issue, but he is too far gone to understand it.

And the puppeteers just keep pulling the strings. :cry:

Reactions: stefan73
Updated original post with pricing.
$16,499.00 and expected Late March early April. There will be a 15% discount available to original purchasers of MK1. We will verify by Serial #. Clip on capabilities are the same so if you bought the first gen last yr you still own the same kick ass unit you did 2 weeks ago. There will be some of you that may prefer the all aluminum body and external buttons better on the MK1. Further the MK1 is the unit being delivered to CANSOF and UK MOD.
I understand timing was not great for a second version being released so quickly. There were several reasons for this. We ordered the MK1 X-elr back in late 2021/early 2022 shortly after EOTECH and Theon started their partnership. Eotech originally had no intentions of bringing the X-ELR to the US market. We had to commit to a certain amount for them to bring them in from Theon. We knew there was a commercial void of LR mil clip ons with these type of capabilities. Furthermore, the fact that EOTECH was involved was icing on the cake. They have been a great partner of ours for yrs. Unfortunately, the 2022 deliveries couldn't be made until Sept-Nov of 2022 because of
1. Contract deliveries to the MIL customers who utilize the mk1.
2. The Ukraine stuff also skewed contract deliveries
3. The units were held up at Customs for 30 days.

By late 2022 the X-ELR mk1 had been being made and delivered to MIL customers for well over a yr so, unknown to us... we were getting on the back end of that product because of when the EOTECH/Theon relationship started.

What you have to realize is that when you are dealing with MIL type products the generation cycles can be very short. Contracts, wars, technology, written requirements, etc all drive the development of the next product. We get the scraps if we are lucky. Heck most of these mil suppliers don't even want to participate in the Commercial market...the juice ain't worth the squeeze for them.

There will always be a "better" product right around the corner. .... many of them are out there right now, being shown in private suites at Shot Show and SOFIC. Some of them are ridiculously bad ass with capabilities that would blow your mind. We may or may not ever see them available commercially. If I do I'll consider myself lucky.

Last edited:
If my memory serves me right (been a while since I did the calculation) the X-ELR is the top of the food chain on FPA pixel sampling density.

Even beats that new $18,000 IRay 1280 unit.

That Gen 1 being all metal housing gives it long term durability for sure.

There will be a 15% discount available to original purchasers of MK1.
That is a pretty salty discount on a 16.5k price and seems very fair. From a current MK1 owner, ThankYou.

How long will that be offered and what does future availability of the MK2 look like?

No IBEAM "TRACIR" available yet in MK2 but I am told that there may (emphasize MAY) be a firmware update at some point to receive solutions via Bluetooth from peripherals. Was told this update would be user installed if it happened.
Any potential updates for the MK1 along it's lifetime?

I've been extremely happy with my MK1 and it's capabilities currently exceed mine and my rifles. The military testing it went through was probably the #1 reason I was confident in getting one.

Other than the onboard recording, I'm really not seeing what the new model does for me that my current one doesn't and I'm pretty hesitant to sell something that has treated me so well.
If my memory serves me right (been a while since I did the calculation) the X-ELR is the top of the food chain on FPA pixel sampling density.

Even beats that new $18,000 IRay 1280 unit.
But it does so at the sacrifice of FOV. It's an issue trying to pick up animals inside of 100yds.
It may take an HD front sensor with an increased FOV and the same FPA pixel density to pry the MK1 out of my hands.

That is a pretty salty discount on a 16.5k price and seems very fair. From a current MK1 owner, ThankYou.

How long will that be offered and what does future availability of the MK2 look like?

Any potential updates for the MK1 along it's lifetime?

I've been extremely happy with my MK1 and it's capabilities currently exceed mine and my rifles. The military testing it went through was probably the #1 reason I was confident in getting one.

Other than the onboard recording, I'm really not seeing what the new model does for me that my current one doesn't and I'm pretty hesitant to sell something that has treated me so well.

But it does so at the sacrifice of FOV. It's an issue trying to pick up animals inside of 100yds.
It may take an HD front sensor with an increased FOV and the same FPA pixel density to pry the MK1 out of my hands.
Since we are hitting mk2 at the beginning then I think it will be a little better. Biggest issue will be supply. Often the time from order to delivery is the biggest factor and that is a moving target with wars etc.

Mk1 lrf updates would be harder since no Bluetooth but who knows. I hope so.

Is there anyway we can purchase the 1.35” mount?
why-asking.gif

UTC is same 1.35” height. So if your scope is setup for that, having that option for the ELRv2 might be welcome for 5% of owners.

Ultimately, the modest offset shouldn’t affect any collimated clipon worth its salt.

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew
UTC is same 1.35” height. So if your scope is setup for that, having that option for the ELRv2 might be welcome for 5% of owners.

Ultimately, the modest offset shouldn’t affect any collimated clipon worth its salt.
See image above for same comment to the UTC engineers:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: TheHorta
It’s remarkable how much difference a good eyepiece makes. My Tig is relatively tolerant of offset, but my XELR is on a whole other level. I can get perfect view through it with a >50% offset at virtually any mag level.

I may have seen one of the new SR & EXLR. They may have been beautiful and noticeably lighter than the previously gen (EXLR). The rear focus on the EXLR may have been more intuitive. I may be dumping some bucks soon...

• Haha
Reactions: rlsmith1
Hey guys, a couple quick questions for the experts: @DownRangeThermal

-Am I understanding correctly that the only real direct adjustments will be made using the focus knob?
-All the internal adjustments (being that there aren’t any external buttons that I can see) will be made using the Bluetooth remote?
-Is the remote an additional purchase or does it come with the unit? If it is an additional purchase (understanding obviously most of us will buy it) and someone chooses not to buy one how will they control the unit?
-Is the knob pictured on the right/opposite the focus knob the power button?

Thanks all, looking forward to getting mine!

1.5 and 2x pixel density is the same? in sensor and display?

1.5 and 2x pixel density is the same? in sensor and display?
Optics and sensor appear to be similar or identical, so FOV and resolution should be very similar.

Optics and sensor appear to be similar or identical, so FOV and resolution should be very similar.
thanks. somehow i got the idea that the 1.5 had 1280 but only used 640 and that the 2.0 used the full 1280, and was thus twice as good lol but maybe i just misunderstood the comments about it not using the full display.

thanks. somehow i got the idea that the 1.5 had 1280 but only used 640 and that the 2.0 used the full 1280, and was thus twice as good lol but maybe i just misunderstood the comments about it not using the full display.
That’s just the display. From what has been said thusfar, the primary difference will be that 2.0 can be used as a dedicated thermal and can use the entire 1280 display for that purpose, where 1.5 has a 1280 display too, but only uses 640 demag for clipon use only.

Reactions: taliv
That’s just the display. From what has been said thusfar, the primary difference will be that 2.0 can be used as a dedicated thermal and can use the entire 1280 display for that purpose, where 1.5 has a 1280 display too, but only uses 640 demag for clipon use only.
This is correct. The mk2 has a stand alone mode where the 1.5 did not. The stand alone mode utilizes the entire 1280 display at 2x optical where clip on mode utilizes half of the display ( 640 pixels) thus changing the optical mag to 1x unity in clip on mode (same fov but half of the 2x full display) . The 1.5 had a 1280 display in it but never utilized more than the center 640. They used that display for getting the backend optics smaller on the 1.5

in clip on mode the mk2 and 1.5 will have identical fov and image quality. The mk2 will have a usable and very nice stand alone mode with a high res display.

Hey guys, a couple quick questions for the experts: @DownRangeThermal

-Am I understanding correctly that the only real direct adjustments will be made using the focus knob?
-All the internal adjustments (being that there aren’t any external buttons that I can see) will be made using the Bluetooth remote?
-Is the remote an additional purchase or does it come with the unit? If it is an additional purchase (understanding obviously most of us will buy it) and someone chooses not to buy one how will they control the unit?
-Is the knob pictured on the right/opposite the focus knob the power button?

Thanks all, looking forward to getting mine!
- The knob on the back right is a push and turn button similar to button on side of a Thermion. It is a power button but also a scrolling button for menus etc. You can absolutely use it without remote. The remote is a wired/tethered remote but will have full menu functions available to it etc. It is not included and I'm not sure on price yet.

- The knob on the back right is a push and turn button similar to button on side of a Thermion. It is a power button but also a scrolling button for menus etc. You can absolutely use it without remote. The remote is a wired/tethered remote but will have full menu functions available to it etc. It is not included and I'm not sure on price yet.
Awesome, thanks for the insight!

You were able to spot steel at distance in warm muggy conditions? That's nuts. I've been divesting my thermal gear simply because I shoot steel almost exclusively and I struggle to spot the targets compared to I^2. This has me intrigued.

You were able to spot steel at distance in warm muggy conditions? That's nuts. I've been divesting my thermal gear simply because I shoot steel almost exclusively and I struggle to spot the targets compared to I^2. This has me intrigued.
If it sits in the sunlight, you’re going to see it. If it’s in shadow much the day, the steel won’t be hot enough to show up.

I’ve been thoroughly impressed so far

Reactions: Dogtown
Hey guys, if you’re interested here’s some initial footage and results with the whatever name they’re choosing this week?!? (XLR, XELR) ELR MK 2

I’ll be working on a full review video later this month:

Was surprised you were able to get ranges out of the Wilcox unit mounted on top - looked super snug against the objective of the big clip-on. Nice combo for sure - get them talking to each other yet?

• Love
Reactions: rlsmith1
Was surprised you were able to get ranges out of the Wilcox unit mounted on top - looked super snug against the objective of the big clip-on. Nice combo for sure - get them talking to each other yet?
It was very tight. As a matter fact, I had to take the front cap completely off of the Eotech to get it to work. Haha! I’ve subsequently put a higher diving board on, and it seems to work fine. No talking to each other yet. Eo tech/Theon hasn’t developed anything with TraceIr so not sure that’s going to ever happen?!?

Reactions: jwramp
Be aware that some of the ELR MK2 units have issues in cold weather after about an hour of use. Apparently THEON changed chips midstream, and this has become a known issue. My unit went back as fast as I received it.

Additionally, EOTECH doesn't even have a manual on this unit to offer tech support. Even though my unit was returned, I'm still waiting on their tech support to send me the requested information on the manual. To their knowledge, I still own it. Here's the last email received by EOTECH. on 11/6/23

"I am still working on collecting this data. It appears there may be a few versions of this manual. Will you please send me your serial # again? I neglected to write this down."

I replied, and no response to date.

Reactions: Conqueror
Thank you for the update. I’m not touching that Eotech with a 10 foot pole. What a disappointment after all the hype and waiting.
Up next is N-VISION‘s clip on…

@Nohuddlefirearms interesting video. i noticed you focused on switching between whot/bhot but didn't cycle through the modes (basic, image sharpening, adaptive, wide range) which I've found make a ton of difference. Does the 2.0 not have the same modes as the 1.5? the mode you used in the video appears to be basic in the v1.5 unit.

I also notice you didn't change the region of interest, which i think would have helped your video. in the v1.5 you can choose the region that goes across the bottom of the box and that will keep the low-temp sky from screwing up the contrast in your panoramic scenes like when you were looking at the horses.

maybe it's just me, but I don't see a lot of utility in going above 12x with the v1.5. yeah, it's still usable, but it's pixelated to me and you just lose fov. I can't tell if the 2.0 is less pixelated at 20-25x but maybe that's a huge improvement over the v1.5.

@USNIGHTGUNNER hope they sort that out for you. i've found the menus to be less than intuitive and several discrepancies with the manual that i assumed were due to different versions of firmware and then the 1.5 vs 2.0 but if you're saying there's still not a 2.0 manual... dang. it's taking me a lot of fiddling to figure out some items that just are super counter-intuitive. for example, if you want to go change your battery type from alk to lithium to nimh rechargeable, you have to do it in the "status" menu. mine shipped with lithium batteries but set to alkaline, and i took the lithium batteries almost to zero before i figured out how to change it. and some minor irritations like they also use the word "mode" to reference at least THREE different types of configuration settings. (there are 4 "image enhancement" modes, then there is a "mode" in the menu, which refers to clip on or stand alone but as far as i can tell actually changes the size of the menu for optics' varying FOV, then in the reticle submenu there's another "mode"). and i have no friggin clue how to do the compass calibration the manual describes. the menu is super unhelpful in that regard. if anyone knows, i'd appreciate a clue there

@Capitol5868 i'm maybe not quite as giddy as nohuddle but i think the v1.5 is outstanding. i took video yesterday of cows laying down at 2908 yards on 12x power and i can make out their head moving. i posted getting hits on a 4"x2" heated target at 415 yards several days ago. i mean, there's a lot of room for improvement, but i don't think it's disappointing at all.

@Nohuddlefirearms interesting video. i noticed you focused on switching between whot/bhot but didn't cycle through the modes (basic, image sharpening, adaptive, wide range) which I've found make a ton of difference. Does the 2.0 not have the same modes as the 1.5? the mode you used in the video appears to be basic in the v1.5 unit.

I also notice you didn't change the region of interest, which i think would have helped your video. in the v1.5 you can choose the region that goes across the bottom of the box and that will keep the low-temp sky from screwing up the contrast in your panoramic scenes like when you were looking at the horses.

maybe it's just me, but I don't see a lot of utility in going above 12x with the v1.5. yeah, it's still usable, but it's pixelated to me and you just lose fov. I can't tell if the 2.0 is less pixelated at 20-25x but maybe that's a huge improvement over the v1.5.

@USNIGHTGUNNER hope they sort that out for you. i've found the menus to be less than intuitive and several discrepancies with the manual that i assumed were due to different versions of firmware and then the 1.5 vs 2.0 but if you're saying there's still not a 2.0 manual... dang. it's taking me a lot of fiddling to figure out some items that just are super counter-intuitive. for example, if you want to go change your battery type from alk to lithium to nimh rechargeable, you have to do it in the "status" menu. mine shipped with lithium batteries but set to alkaline, and i took the lithium batteries almost to zero before i figured out how to change it. and some minor irritations like they also use the word "mode" to reference at least THREE different types of configuration settings. (there are 4 "image enhancement" modes, then there is a "mode" in the menu, which refers to clip on or stand alone but as far as i can tell actually changes the size of the menu for optics' varying FOV, then in the reticle submenu there's another "mode"). and i have no friggin clue how to do the compass calibration the manual describes. the menu is super unhelpful in that regard. if anyone knows, i'd appreciate a clue there

@Capitol5868 i'm maybe not quite as giddy as nohuddle but i think the v1.5 is outstanding. i took video yesterday of cows laying down at 2908 yards on 12x power and i can make out their head moving. i posted getting hits on a 4"x2" heated target at 415 yards several days ago. i mean, there's a lot of room for improvement, but i don't think it's disappointing at all.
@taliv why are you comparing the 1.5 to the 2.0? The hot new toy is supposed to be the 2.0 now.

The 10 year warranty is clearly a scam at this point. We have read multiple people that can’t get a response from Eotech, so what good is the warranty? None.

The manual for a brand new $16,000 device doesn’t even exist. Talk about piss, poor planning on the launch of a brand new high end product.

I won’t even bring up that Eotech released the 2.0 only months after releasing the 1.5 Thats bullshit!

I’m starting to see a pattern here and it’s not a company I want to buy anything from.

@Capitol5868 totally agree with everything you said. especially the warranty part as that's why i bought one.

except... i thought the 1.5 and 2.0 were the same thing just with plastic instead of metal case, and stand alone functionality. so, reasonable people could compare them, especially given that i'd rather have metal case and i'd never use it stand alone and only want a clip on. but i get your point

Internally the 2.0 and 1.5 seem largely the same. The sensor and electronics were supposed to be the same, just improved packaging and a different focus mechanism. I guess I'm fortunate that my 1.5 is working well, hopefully I don't have to deal with warranty issues. Maybe DRT has a line to EOTech and can help? Dan is basically the guy who brought these units to the US.

Hey @taliv, thanks for the comments. As far as showing the image enhancement modes, there was so much stuff to cover I had to pick and choose so the video wasn't an hour long. I run mine on sharp and yes the 2.0 does have the 4 image enhancement modes the 1.5 has.

Good note on the region of interest. I wasn't aware that was an option. I thought that was only available in the BAE core units like the Voodoo M? I'd love to hear more about how to set that b/c yes, that would have really helped with the low temp sky throwing my contrast.

Reactions: taliv