• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Eotech Zombie XPS2

sig_equinox

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2010
Just found this from Eotech's Facebook, pretty neat. I'm not all about my gun saying things like "zombie killer" and such, but the reticle is pretty sweet!

thoughts? I saw Leupold has some zombie glass coming out as well.

Zombie Stopper XPS2

Re: Eotech Zombie XPS2

I'm all for having fun with this whole zombie apocalypse thing, but I think I'll pass on this $600 novelty item.

seems kind of busy to me too much going on seems it would make it harder to focus

Its pretty cool and Im sure a lot of people will buy it. However its just not for me. I believe they are coming out with another reticle as well. I think it had another mark on it for 10yard shots. Dont quote me on that though.

If it didn't have the zombie stopper and pic on the side, just the biohazard on top, I think it'd be more appealing. I don't mind some humor or character but I prefer it subdued. Not sure on the reticle, it might be ok, would have to look at something thru it. I really like the regular eotech single dot and ring recticle I have.

I do think when manufacturers come out with these trend items they should market them at a reduced price and bank on the volume of sales. They're likely missing the bulk of their target market, trim features and price, slap logos on.

You see this all the time in the auto industry, target market is twenty somethings, price tag of 50k and then wonder why it didn't sell. It seems virtually all big makers in every industry are out of touch.

"The EOTech Zombie reticle: Because we got that pesky battery life issue figured out."
facepalmsmiley.gif

+1 on being sick of zombie apocolypse crap
+1 Beef: bad target market over price
+1 this should be cheaply constructed for airsoft and should have airsoft bdc holdovers
(note: I also equally hate airsoft)

The reticlue has too much going on and my natural focus point was slightly too high. The outer "tri-rings" should have been thinner and dimmer than the "center bead area"

Poor idea, poor design, great manufacturer, and a very confused snipers hide member.

Lol... My first thought is "why not.."

I think it's neat. Not something I have disposable income for, but still neat lol.

I agree. Its a cool concept and cool device, but it just ain't worth the $600 to me. If I had an extra 4 grand to throw at a "fun" zombie gun, I'd slap this thing on it just because of the novelty reticule, but lets be real here. The only thing going for the reticule is its cool factor; in any real scenario or even range practice, the reticule will just get in the way an be distracting.

+1: Cool factor and something to show off to your friends.
+1: Completely unpractical and kinda tacky.

I ask only one question; why does Call of Duty Modern Warfare have such a huge effect on the real life firearm market? Silly, but I think that EOTECH already knows that. If people will buy (and they will) why not, right? Someone will trick a zombie slayer out!

The normal Eotech redot system works but this is just way too busy with the tripple horns sticking out the large crcle that it might be more of a distraction. Oh I forgot Zombies are slow any ways. Stick to the normal Eotech dot.

I think its retarded and useless. I wish less companies would jump on the bandwagon for this crap. I lose just a little respect for each one that does. I guess the "anything to try and get in on the latest reason for idiots to part with their money" movement is a virus in itself... Greed

Its about as cool as someone who didn't serve in a sun baked/sand storm of a desert wearing a shemagh to the covered shooting range if you ask me. Fucking tools. No offense of course
wink.gif

i would buy one if i saw it posted for sale used for a decent price. it would be fun to play with at the range.

I can't agree with Kruger's commnent, I dont mind playing with the eotech but it would be a cold day in hell before you saw me cross swords like his analogy....LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dead-bird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Neat,

Not for me

But neat...

-1 No Night Vision</div></div>

I agree. CLEARLY if one were fighting off zombies, he would need NV capabilities. Silly EOTech thinking that zombies don't attack during the night.

First zombie bullets from hornady, now this crap. This just makes guns seem more like toys, which is a very very bad idea.

It's an amusing product, but my first reaction upon handling one at SHOT was to wonder why the hell EOTech chose <span style="font-style: italic">this</span> of all things for a new reticle option. Plenty of people would be interested in buying an EOTech with a newer or reconfigured reticle, if only for the sake of trying out something new...but the zombie trefoil doesn't look like it would be an improvement over the classic A65 design. So far the only options are for longer-range holdover dots, but no variations on dot sizes or overall configuration.