• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

[EP 6.1] 224V = 308 168gr

torrentuser

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2012
23:50 time stamp

224V Pros mentioned:
-Tiny
-Light (Carry a lot)
-Fast
-No Recoil
-Price
-AR Short Action (6.8 mags)

Ok, I have a Curtis Custom Vector (That ought to be shipping to my FFL today) and once I get done with my 10-day wait (Californian) I'm shipping it off to Masterpiece Arms to get installed into a Hybrid Chassis and barreled. The Vector offers a AW mag, switch barrel, 3-lug, yada yada yada... its the 2018 Bees Knees PRS action that I can see. So I'm getting it barreled in 6mm Creedmoor for race action. They offer a 223 bolt and a 6.8 bolt and I was considering getting a 224V as my training caliber.
I know what 308 168gr ballistics are like and that wasn't what I was expecting. I guess Frank is talking about drop but not the speed... is that even possible? Anyway, If the 224V is like a 308 168gr, then I have to ask myself why don't I replace the 224V barrel with a 6.5 Grendel? 6.5G definitely gets better ballistics than a 308 168. The price is a bit more and I guess I can't carry as much. Though the mag and the bolt are the same. I think both rounds (224V and 6.5G) were designed to be semi-automatic and fit in a AR mag space...but I think they should be fine in a bolt action too. So... what do you guys think? What do you think Frank?