• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

ePara TTR

pipeinspector

Private
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2011
Northwest Arkansas
I just ordered a Para TTR (haven't recieved it yet) but afterwards I saw a few posts online that mentioned reliability problems. I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with these rifles and if it was positive or negative. Obviously I should have done this research before I made the purchase as opposed to after. Thanks

Re: ePara TTR

I'll give you $100, just so that you don't risk killing yourself with it!
wink.gif

Re: ePara TTR

Have one that was a present from my wife. It failed to cycle back to lock after every shot with multiple ammo types and magazines, and accuracy was seriously lacking.

Sent it in, took over three months to get through their repair system including a period of time that I couldn't even get a response or returned phone call.

After getting it back it cycled well and accuracy was on par with any other standard barreled AR. I haven't tried any SMKs through it yet, just milsurp ball, and really didn't get much of a chance to run it through the paces yet.

In all honesty, if it wasn't a gift it would be gone. Overall, the rifle isn't too bad now that it functions and it is a way to get a short overall AR package without running a SBR, but I'm not too impressed in it either. For that amount of money, I expect flawless running and tack driving accuracy, not the same accuracy as my Bushmaster standard carbine that cost 1/3 as much and even worse functioning. I haven't looked into the possibility of getting a better barrel on it yet.

My recommendation, for the amount of money you're probably paying for it, is to cancel the order and get yourself a nice Recon package from Noveske or something similar to it from Specialized Dynamics.