• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Episode #4 S&B

Jackomason

Poop-smith aka "Turd Herder"
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2013
Westcliffe Colorado
I couldnt find the thread for Ep.4

But i did find an old video of the bushnel 4200 getting blown up, its the video that helped me make my decision on the bushnell as my first tacticle scope 6ish years ago. it still functions flawlessly and has been on multiple rifles. the glass quality has degrated but that was expected. this all to say that ive learned to trust franks methods and opinions.

I wrote in to the everyday sniper about the S&B PMii and you guys did an amazing job walking me through why they are the gold standard and should be for time to come. since then i have been doing a whole lot of research on what my next scope will be and im just as confused as ever, I read a great thread on SH called "S&B "imposion"?" and you went on some great rants about how pretty much evey high dollar scope is great (except IOR) and that it comes down to features that the end user wants.

since all these high end scopes all seem to have good or great tracking and durability, what would other desirable features be? most the ones in the running have the same features youd expect in a $2-3k+ like zero stop, rev indicator, locking turets, great glass and good reticles. they all seem to be similar weight. basically its all become a big blur to me and I cant see the advantage of one over the other. Im not against saving and spending more but why?

I want a scope that will last me years and years like my trusty bushnell has and more! Im dont need fancy but it apears ive put myself in that price range and I feel out of place, like im eating with the queen and dont know my manners. I dont know what im looking for or why its importent to have X feature over Y.

sorry for the book, in short I like what you and the gun werks guy have to say as far as outlook on shooting. what would you suggest for a practicle shooter (hunting, steel and the odd local match)? I can figure out reticles on my own but I dont have a lot of expirience with other options. Any options that you wont do without?

I listened to episode #4 two more times and feel confident in my buying decision. No need for replys. Thanks. Dont want to turn a blind eye at other options but I think it's probably best in my case. Less is more.