• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Episode 81 & The Troll Rant

Acer76

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2018
Cincinnati
Gotta respect Franks rant against damn trolls at the end of this episode.

I’ve got to say I despise those who waste others’ time and sanity with endless banal bullshit. It’s such a huge detraction from the efforts put in and potential benefit that could be taken out. We are here for a reason and I hate any interruptions in pursuit of business.

I for one was happy to hear, the standing no tolerance policy, being underscored. And it was pretty funny too... so there’s that.

Tellingly, many internet trolls seem to share an arrogant "Haven't been there, haven't done that" attitude. -Dennis Miller.

The worst offenders for me are on Youtube, they stroll in with no background, no training and their experience level seems to be a few shots from their Hunting Rifles. That is one level of troll, the guys like this who want to argue endlessly how wrong I am because it doesn't work that way for them or their "7-08" hunting rifle.

The next level is guys who just troll me for my size, granted they never did anything with their life, but man they sure love trolling. I personally think this class of troll, which has gotten worse in the last year are too embarrassed to admit they are losers. They have no clue about my military experience or training but want to just make fun of my size with nothing at all to contribute. It's the High School Hero that "would have" joined the Marine Corps, but had something better to do that day. You get guys who believed the USMC was too hard for them and I am a big shiny reminder of just how weak they are.

Here though, I am all about removing the fools too. If I see them or get an alert on them, they are gone. Too stupid to be here, we don't want you.

Thanks for listening guys !

Last edited:
I feel your pain. I deal with this everyday at work. It’s a never ending battle. 18 years master certified with Mercedes, and it’s not like ASE certification, have those too. With Mercedes you have to prove your knowlage.

Proctored written test, then hands on in shop. You want to know about alignments, (lol it’s in MOA. Funny how worlds collide) written knowlage based test with minimum pass grade of 85. Then peer reviewed in shop with no help. You better be able to identify the issue, explain why it’s a issue, then correct it by the book as proof. Only one shot, pass or fail.

You oh so want to just tell these people to fuck off and if they are so dam smart why did they come to you, go do it yourself!!!

I use to do forum car help years ago, but quickly quit because of this exact thing. It’s also why I tend to post very little online. So many people just want to start arguments.

I’m not sure which field has more bullshit people that haven’t got a clue, cars or guns.

David

Reactions: Ksracer and Acer76
Youtube is a great way to get out to a broad audience, but that also means your going to get a bunch of people with nothing better to do but troll. They have so little going for them that trolling is the only way for them to feel important/smart. If they are not on sniper's hide, then they are not part of the discussion and community, therefore they are unimportant.

Frank, when you get to Cody, make them take you out to Cassie's for some prim rib!

It doesn't surprise how many self appointed gurus and "operators" there are on YouTube. Just look at all the fakes exposed at thisainthell.us and mliitaryphony.com. Apparently in public I'm up to my *ss in Navy SEALs and Airborne Rangers and don't even know it.

I just did what Jeff Brozovich did on his channel Longrangeonly. I turned off the comments. No viewer comments.

+1 on turning off the comments. Show your stuff and let it stand for what it is. People who appreciate it will subscribe. The trolls can silently fume to themselves and move on to the next comments section.

I feel your pain. I deal with this everyday at work. It’s a never ending battle. 18 years master certified with Mercedes, and it’s not like ASE certification, have those too. With Mercedes you have to prove your knowlage.

Proctored written test, then hands on in shop. You want to know about alignments, (lol it’s in MOA. Funny how worlds collide) written knowlage based test with minimum pass grade of 85. Then peer reviewed in shop with no help. You better be able to identify the issue, explain why it’s a issue, then correct it by the book as proof. Only one shot, pass or fail.

You oh so want to just tell these people to fuck off and if they are so dam smart why did they come to you, go do it yourself!!!

I use to do forum car help years ago, but quickly quit because of this exact thing. It’s also why I tend to post very little online. So many people just want to start arguments.

I’m not sure which field has more bullshit people that haven’t got a clue, cars or guns.

David
*knowledge. I guess spelling is t part of the certification?

Just messin with ya.

Reactions: DRandi
*knowledge. I guess spelling is t part of the certification?

Just messin with ya.

Lol and apparently spelling “isn’t” your thing either. Kerrpowww!! ?

Yea I suck at spelling sometimes, even more so on this tiny mobile keypad.

David

Reactions: Mag1c-Mik3