• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing epoxy sling stud

Killswitch Engage

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2008
ohio
searched an did not see this topic. has anyone epxoxied the sling studs on an hs stock? if so, what product did you use and what was the procedure? thanks

Re: epoxy sling stud

Unless you use the nut that come in from the back side, you may be in for trouble. When using epoxy to hold in a screw thread that may have heavy weight / strain on it, you run the risk of pulling the parent material apart near the site of the glue in. You may be able to buy the little internal threaded cups and make the stock tapered to be bigger at the inside and hold it in place. But I would experiment with the particular epoxy and different shapes before I actually did anything to my stock.

My current HS Precision stock came with the sling nuts already in place in the stock.

Have you contacted HS Precision to see what they suggest?

HS stocks are notorious for the studs pulling out. The agreed best solution is to releive some material from the inside of the stock and put a metal backing plate in there to screw the stud into.

While I'm not toting my rifle 16 hours a day humping through the woods, I have been very well pleased with the stock. It already has the metal bars of which you speak. I can see the front bar when the action is removed from the stock.

i just picked up a new mcmillian a5, at the time i did not relize it has no studs so i am having the same problem. hopefully you get a reply that can help us both

i went ahead and epoxied the studs in place with a two part epoxy rated for 3500psi. i did some more homework and i know some smiths that do this as a "tune up" for the 700pss. i performed this no problem and it is VERY STRONG. i went ahead and tuned my trigger at this time as well. let me know if any one wants to know the product etc.

advert, we are less than an hour away from Mcmillan.
Have them do it. I've asked them about it and was told there'd be very little wait(like 2 weeks).
If the wait is too long, I might be of some help. PM me if you need to

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">advert, we are less than an hour away from Mcmillan.
Have them do it. I've asked them about it and was told there'd be very little wait(like 2 weeks).
If the wait is too long, I might be of some help. PM me if you need to </div></div>

I have tried to contact them with out any luck, they are only about 10-15 mins from my house
smirk.gif

EDIT: i just drove down there today and there going to take care of it, and inlet my stock for the badger M5.