• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

F T/R Competition Equipment cart

300 jarret

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2013
Any recommendations on a cart for f open? Where are they available. Saw some wheeled carts that appeased to fold at Raton but don't know anything about them

One of the top ranked Palma shooters I know uses a simple folding "farm cart". Big wheels so it doesn't get hung up on rocks or curbs, and folds flat for transport in a vehicle trunk.

$(KGrHqR,!rQFID)(+s6zBSI4mRnu(w~~60_57.JPG

About $150 or so

Amazon for $230.00.
I have used one for about 15 years & have not had any major problems. Have to put air in the tires once in awhile. Used it for my son when he was shooting and for me when I started shooting F-T/R. The large wheels make it very easy to roll your gear around. I have seen some of the other folding carts with smaller wheels have trouble in some of the looser material that adorn some of the berms. I have some rain covers for the cart, same material as my rifle covers.

John
Team USA F-T/R

What we here in "Upper Slobovia" use is a cart with some class. Go here--http://www.ruggedgear.com/. Look these over. This is what the guys with the Krieghoff's and Perazzi's use. Now because we are rifle shooters, go in the local want adds and find someone who is selling a "Baby Jogger" Buy it for the best price you can. I got mine for $50.00. Use your imagination to set it up. I used a packer bucket and gun holders for a quad. It works a lot better than anything you have to pick up. A 22# gun, even heavier rest, heavy sand in the rear bag, spotting scope, ammo, shooting stool and everything else. You just walk behind it. I'm an old disabled guy and it is easy on these old bones and several modular replacement parts. Works for me.
Craig

I got my cart from Home Depot. Can't remember what it is called, but it cost about $90 and it is steel mesh with 4 wheels.

I used the same cart at Raton as Diego Ted. I can say it definitely did the job, but it wasn't really optimal for a place like the Whittington Center, which has many, many large rocks mixed in with volcanic gravel on the firing line. The very small wheels of this type of collapsible cart do not take well to fist sized (and larger) rocks. In addition, the handle does not "steer" the wheels; they are free to move on their own, which added to the difficulty on the rocks. The folks using the folding aluminum type carts with their larger wheels had a much better time of it at Raton.

Bottom line is that there are lots of choices, depending on where you'll use it most often. Rocky and/or uneven ground like that found at Whittington Center will be best served with a cart having large wheels. I had little choice with the folder as I flew and had to ship a lot of gear (including cart) to the hotel in advance; the aluminum folder simply wasn't an option for me. If you drive to the majority of your matches and haul all your gear in your vehicle, your range of choices should be much wider.