• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Equipment list for competition?

Glong

Private
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2009
Kaufman, TX
I have been shooting 3 gun, IDPA, and USPSA matches for years. I have decided to try my hand at long range tactical matches. I made a lot of equipment mistakes when I started each of those sports and have decided to take the advice I give newcomers to those sports, "ask people who play at the top of the game"

So my question is, what would the no frills load out for a match include. And what questions should I be asking that I don't know to ask?

Thanks

Re: Equipment list for competition?

Rifle, Ammo, Magazines, Paper, Pen, Dope, MDM

Anything else can be done without in most matches... but some shit comes in real handy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifle, Ammo, Magazines, Paper, Pen, Dope, MDM

Anything else can be done without in most matches... but some shit comes in real handy. </div></div>Like maybe a scope?
laugh.gif

Some sort of pack, and of course a good sling. And not one to just carry the rifle.

Thanks for the link Quickdraw40. I didn't catch that on my search.

I currently have an M1907 leather sling. It was what I was taught to use many years ago. There is probably a better sling system out there now and I figure I will run across it at matches.

Your immediate need is as listed in above posts.
Every comp I have been to I have seen cool gear and everyone has been extremely helpful and friendly to show their stuff and let you check it out.
When you get ready for a pack, check out Ceylonc here on the hide.

I appreciate all the input. This is exactly what I was hoping for.

Glong, it will also help if you fill out your profile, someone local to ya might be able to help ya with gear choices as well.