• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Equipment Recommendation

gkgold90

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2009
Portage, MI 49024
I have two female friends that want to get into shooting. I briefly discussed the differences with semi autos and revolvers with them, but I'm not really sure what direction to point them in for first time shooters. They may want to explore CCW carry as well.

Any suggestions?

Re: Equipment Recommendation

since most women tend to carry the pistol in their purse, i would go with something compact semi auto, or a hammerless revolver so it doesnt get snagged on the endless amount of shit in women's purses. Not to turn this into a caliber debate, if you go semi auto, stick with a 9mm. My wife carries a Glock 26 in a Uncle mikes holster in her decorative trash bag. I carry a HK USP compact in a 40 with the fobus holster.

A suggestion -
Nice personal defense weapon, the Taurus Judge, maybe with a 3" barrel. 45 LC / .410 shotshell is a definite man stopper. Of course, the simplicity of action with a revolver is always a plus.

Regardless of what they choose, practice makes perfect, and the will to fire will ultimately be paramount.

I am interested in knowing what the fascination with popcorn is with everyone on here. I mean what happend to Thin Mints, JuJu Beans, and good old Milk Duds or Whoppers?

I mean don't get me wrong, I like a nice batch of popcorn as well. But since it seems someone else us usually bringin the butter and all of those greasy fingers will get all the parts of your kits you play with on a regular basis with butter fingerprints?

Just askin,
Mark

lmao