• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Equipment Surveys available?

117D-RTO

Shooter ready, standby...
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2010
Erie, Colorado
I am looking for some recent equipment surveys from precision rifle competitions, similar to what IDPA did a while back (see here http://www.idpa.com/tj.asp?ID=290). I have gone on the PRS website and browsed the shooter profiles but was wondering if there was already a list put together that had details like caliber, rifle, scope, powder, bullet manufacturer, etc.

Re: Equipment Surveys available?

The PRS just sent out a survey this week to all the Finale shooters surveying all the stuff you are asking about and more in terms of guns, ammo, scopes, gear, etc.
Shoot Rich an email at the PRS and maybe he can share that info with you.

The Mason Dixon Sniper Series will be asking for info like this also next year.

Mostly S&B 5-25 or Bushnell Scopes and a few Vortex razors

Gaps, surgeons or surgeon 591 buillt customs and Ai's for rifles

Mostly 6mms or 6.5's personal preference but lots of 260, 6.5 creed, 243, 6xc or 6 creed

Lots of Berger bullets and some Lapua or Hornady thrown in

I would assume lots of Hodgdon powder gets burnt by most

That's what I see most using

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The PRS just sent out a survey this week to all the Finale shooters surveying all the stuff you are asking about and more in terms of guns, ammo, scopes, gear, etc.
Shoot Rich an email at the PRS and maybe he can share that info with you. </div></div>

Thanks for the idea Adam, I sent an email to the address listed on the PRS website asking about their survey. Hopefully they planned on making the results public!

Update - Rich just emailed me back and shared an example of what is to come. Cool stuff!
BclC7.jpg