• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes EraTac Mounts?

They look really well built, I have one but haven't had a chance to mount it yet.
I'll probably also get their adjustable elevation one.

EuroOptic sells them cheaper than Amazon / eBay and they say their customers have been really happy with them.

They look really well built, I have one but haven't had a chance to mount it yet.
I'll probably also get their adjustable elevation one.

EuroOptic sells them cheaper than Amazon / eBay and they say their customers have been really happy with them.
I know, I just wanted to post as neutral a link as I could to the specific mount.. I don't know this forum's rules.

Use the cantilever version on my AR10 with an S&B 5-25...great mount...second only to Spuhr but less money.

Reactions: Jeffd
Their rings are badass I would only expect the same from their one piece setup. Fyi euro optic is a dealer.

What do those hex bolts thread into? Aluminum body on opposing side, or helicoil/steel insert?

Into the mating Aluminum piece. Believe me, they are 100% good to go.

Into the mating Aluminum piece. Believe me, they are 100% good to go.
So 65 in-lb into aluminum threads? Do you have to loctite it? I really like 1/2" nuts so I can swap optics often and not worry about stripping threads, etc.

Why don't you just buy one and try them out instead of asking a Million questions? Your questions are not making any sense?

Why don't you just buy one and try them out instead of asking a Million questions? Your questions are not making any sense?
Why does it not make any sense to be leery of steel-on-aluminum threading? There's a reason KAC, Geissele, Nightforce, Badger, et al do NOT do it.

Being that they are designed for and used by the military and recommended by premier optics manufacturers like S&B, I would assume they know what they are doing.

I have had mine for 3 years now on an AR10 and never had an issue. That gun has seen its share of bad weather as well. However I don't move my optics as each rifle has its own optic.

I do know that they respond to questions via email. I would send them a note to ease your mind.

So 65 in-lb into aluminum threads? Do you have to loctite it? I really like 1/2" nuts so I can swap optics often and not worry about stripping threads, etc.

ERA-TAC has a quick disconnect version of their scope mounts as well, along with a kit to convert any of their bolt down ones into quick disconnect.
Jason over at EuroOptic gave it a try and had really good luck with the repeatably. (As in perfectly good for Tactical shooting, Benchrest is a different animal).

Here is the link:

https://www.eurooptic.com/blog/post...c-qd-mount?utm_source=eoic2017&utm_medium=JAB

ERA-TAC has a quick disconnect version of their scope mounts as well, along with a kit to convert any of their bolt down ones into quick disconnect.
Jason over at EuroOptic gave it a try and had really good luck with the repeatably. (As in perfectly good for Tactical shooting, Benchrest is a different animal).

Here is the link:

https://www.eurooptic.com/blog/post...c-qd-mount?utm_source=eoic2017&utm_medium=JAB
I'm not a QD type. They are heavy and definitely the weakest link in a quality optics/mount package.

Being that they are designed for and used by the military and recommended by premier optics manufacturers like S&B, I would assume they know what they are doing.

I have had mine for 3 years now on an AR10 and never had an issue. That gun has seen its share of bad weather as well. However I don't move my optics as each rifle has its own optic.

I do know that they respond to questions via email. I would send them a note to ease your mind.
I E-mailed t hem, thank-you!

Why does it not make any sense to be leery of steel-on-aluminum threading? There's a reason KAC, Geissele, Nightforce, Badger, et al do NOT do it.

It is straight into the aluminum (like NF and Badger and any other brand we carry BTW)...and also generally there is a fixturing hole that is un-anodized, so I will address that right now...and it has been just fine - we have sold hundreds of these and no one has stripped a screw.

FYI - Speaking of steel screws into aluminum...Seekins has been doing it for 15years and found out that his large grade 8 bolts that hold the ring cap will yield BEFORE the threads do (somewhere north of 100 in-lbs IIRC) ;)

I am not a QD type either...but they sure do work in this case as you saw at the link above ;)

My shooting partner bought an ERA TAC 20MOA one-piece QD mount to attach his Kahles 624i to his Tikka T3x TAC A1. It is an excellent mount with terrific fit and finish, and has been flawless in use. If I were in the market for a one-piece QD mount, I would probably buy one. He bought it from EuroOptic.