• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ERATAC problem, Scope doesn't fit in mount......

beetroot

Old Salt
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
So having waited 3 months for my ERATAC T5014-0011 (ordered from a local guy, I'm not US based) I finally received it today and went to mount my Delta Stryker 4.5-30, to my disgust the scope doesn't fit the mount...
I ordered the 1.1" (28mm) 34mm 0moa mount as I knew that I only needed 1" to clear my barrel, but apparently I needed to go higher at the bottom of the turret housing hits the top of the mount before the rings contact the scope tube.

Is this a problem that I should have anticipated? I've never had this problem before and never heard of it being an issue.
Looking on the ETATAC website and catalogue there is no mention or warning that this particular mount is very low.

I've since discovered on Eurooptic the listing for this mount warns that ATACR/Beast or PMII scopes wont fit this mount but it would seem that the Delta Stryker doesn't fit either and I'd guess that none of the similar LOW manufactured scopes would fit either.

Looking at pictures online it would seem that most 34mm scopes would run into this same problem, which leads me to question what scopes would actually fit this mount?
Don't take this as a rant or me complaining, take it as a warning for this particular model, the specs for the 20moa version (T5014-2011) show it's even lower in the base to bottom of ring height (shown as height F in the catalogue).

Last edited:
I run a T2024-2020 with a Khales k624i on my AR10 and have no issues with clearance. I will check out the dimensions

I ran into that issue with a T2014-2011 and a Bushnell XRS. My K312 fit it okay though. It would be nice if they included that dimension because obviously matters on the lower height mounts.

I ran into that issue with a T2014-2011 and a Bushnell XRS. My K312 fit it okay though. It would be nice if they included that dimension because obviously matters on the lower height mounts.

I've since found that Spuhr make a mount that is the same super low height but have plenty of warning that many scopes won't fit, ERATAC should really have a warning with that model mount as it is clearly important.

ERATAC do give you that dimensions but interestingly most scope manufacturers don't list the corresponding measurement.

So I had the ERATAC replaced with a Spuhr SP-4601, the Stryker fits not problems, the clearance is about 3.9mm.
The SP-4601 specs show a clearance of 8mm, so the Stryker protrudes a further 4.1mm below bottom of the tube, this means the Stryker should fit in the 28mm high Spuhr mount specially made for GA Precision.

Per the ERATAC catalogue; although the height to centre of scope tube is only 2mm higher from the -0011 to the -0013, the clearance (height F) difference is 4.3mm (3.3mm for the -0011 and 7.6mm for -0013) so it's interesting the the -0011 ERATAC mount is considerably thicker in the base than the rest of the 24mm mounts, which means there is likely to be clearance issues for more scopes than what their is for the 28mm high 34mm Spuhr mount.