• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes EREK HELP????

Killswitch Engage

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2008
ohio
I have an st-10 with erek 1/2 moa. i had it zeroed at 100yd per what i thought were the instructions. maybe i am dumb but i think i ran out of erector travel or something. it is on a 700p with 20moa badger base and mark 4 rings. my zero and dope track and matched up great until i shot at 1200yds and returned to zero. i was then 15moa high from my 100yd zero. have i totally screwed up the adjustment of the erek or where have i went wrong here. when i do a simple tracking test it tracks peerfectly. here is my question...the instructions say to "back off" the zero screw. to me backing off is counter clockwise thus lowering the reticle when you look through the glass. this is taking you to the top off you eleveation travel isn't it???? this thing now has me officially mind fucked.

Re: EREK HELP????

Hey d-

Hmm, that's an odd problem about your return to zero being off.

The procedure as I learned it is:

1. Hold EREK knob tight with one hand.
2. Turn hex key in center set screw counter clockwise all the way until it stops.
3. Looking thru the scope at the reticle- turn the EREK knob CLOCKWISE until the reticle moves up one click (there are about 5-6 dead clicks at the bottom).
4 You are now properly set for your bottom to begin bore-sigthing.

(I'm pretty sure this is right... I'm still an EREK noob myself)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey d-

2. Turn hex key in center set screw counter clockwise all the way until it stops.
3. Looking thru the scope at the reticle- turn the EREK knob CLOCKWISE until the reticle moves up one click (there are about 5-6 dead clicks at the bottom).

is this with the knob bottomed already or somewhere in the middle?

</div></div>

It shows you how to do a proper EREK adjustment. It's about as good as you will find without having someone do it for you. Redo the zero and make sure everything is tight and hasn't slipped making your zero move.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dgunn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://web.mac.com/ljahearn/iWeb/Site/Movie.html </div></div>

that doesn't seem to help me too much. it is about as vague as uso's instructions
</div></div>

I have to agree- I was still lost after watching that--

Did you have the cap with the hole or the solid cap on the EREK?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dgunn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey d-

is this with the knob bottomed already or somewhere in the middle?

</div></div> </div></div>

This is when the knob is anywhere. It's the first step no matter where your elevation is at.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you have the cap with the hole or the solid cap on the EREK? </div></div>

Hey Rob-

Mine has a hole in it... good question for the OP though.

it has a hole to adjust the erector and a solid replacement cap. ok, i have the center srew backed off which moves your reticle down. this to me would be the top of your elevation???? when you make an adjustment on your knob to adjust bullet impact up you are moving the knob clockwise thus lowering the reticle...correct. if that is the case then why isn't backing off the center screw until it stops taking out all of your upward travel?

Reason I asked is that I thought I remebered that there were a few of the solid caps, which is what you are supposed to replace the cap with the hole in it after zeroing, that weren't right and hitting the center screw. I can't remember the details though.

You might be better off calling USO tomorrow unless someone helps you here. I am sure USO talking you through it on the phone will be easier than reading type.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You might be better off calling USO tomorrow unless someone helps you here. I am sure USO talking you through it on the phone will be easier than reading type. </div></div>

i am thinking that i ran out of adjustment at 1200 and turned on dead clicks if that is possible. i don't understand how really though as i should have a shit ton of elevation left before i run out. this has led me to believe i had the erek adjusted wrong or something is whacked internally. if it is,i cannot discern it in a simple tracking test.

There are some phantom clicks at the top of the elevation adjustment. Turn the knob while looking through it and watch the reticle move and see if you have any knob movement when the reticle stops. All mine had some.

well, i don't think it's me anymore. i set the erector to the center of the scope and marked the center screw with a marker. i then ran it up one revolution or 45moa. as back off the knob to come back down the center screw quits moving with the knob for about 9-12moa or so an then it will ride right along down the rest of the way resulting in a poi change of 9-12 moa at the zero. now what? sounds like a dead soldier for uso to me.

yep...we definatley got a problem here. i ran this thing from 0-30 moa and back more and everytime i reset the zero screw to the mark i put on with a marker it falls off big time coming back down to zero. it's fucked

That's the good thing with USO is that their CS is top notch. Give them a call and they will get it fixed.

yep, will call them tomorrow. i know they will take care of it. they are good to deal with. anyhow, thanks for the help.