• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Erek Value question

rwest309

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
Artesia NM
A buddy of mine has a Snipers Hide Limited Edition #4 3.2-17 Ergo. It has the Erek Knob but I am not real certain what the value of each click is. Example: there is a 0 on the knob then 10 clicks then a 5.??? Are these .1 mil clicks? if so what is the 5 pertaining to. Maybe this is a dumb question. All my USO's are MOA/MOA and I have never messed with mil/mil. I am assuming this is a mil based click value but what is throwing me off is the ten hashes between 0-5. Can someone gently enlighten me.

Thanks in advance

Re: Erek Value question

EREK knobs in mils go like so

.5 (5 clicks from 0)
1 (10 clicks from 0)
1.5 (15 clicks from 0)

and so on until you reach 9 mils ... then you start over. 9 mils per roatation of the EREK. If you look close to the 5 your referencing it should be .5 then the next number will be 1 ... meaning 1 full Mil.

That is how my EREK knobs work anyway, no specail editions just MIL/MIL SN3's with EREK. Now John made some Milestone EREK knobs with a "stiffer" click at each mil(10 clicks). Since this was a Limited Run for the Hide maybe he did something special.

It really is throwing me off because ten clicks from zero is marked 5 ten more clicks then marked 10 and so on. I guess it could be .5 mil clicks. I dont know, hopefully someone will.

i believe that the SH edition was 1/2 MOA clicks.... that would make sense being that 10 clicks nets you 5 MOA

The value should be marked just below the EREK on the erector. Take the knob off and take a look...

AH. That makes sense Deadly. I will pull the knob and look also. I assumed it was mil as it has a mildot reticle.

If they are from the initial SH run - they were 1/2 MOA values with 1/4 wind (from what I remember about mine - which I sold to another and they promptly won a State F Class match with).

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If they are from the initial SH run - they were 1/2 MOA values with 1/4 wind (from what I remember about mine - which I sold to another and they promptly won a State F Class match with).

Good luck </div></div>

I currently have SH edition #66 and that is the click values on mine.. Love that scope!

Sweet guys.

Thanks it is 1/2 moa elevation and 1/4 moa wind as you stated.

Appreciate the assistance