• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ChrisWay

Private
Minuteman
Supporter+
Dec 18, 2018
Level up your comfort and performance with these suggestions

IMG_3920.jpeg

Tailoring your equipment is all about making sure that every piece of equipment you use fits your body right. When your body and your equipment are aligned and in the optimal position to do what they were designed to do you both perform at your best. When things are ergonomically fit, you’re less likely to get tired or hurt, which means you can work or play better and longer. Think of it like this: if your equipment feels just right in your hands and doesn’t make you strain, you’re going to do a much better job with it. Plus, you’ll feel more comfortable and avoid those nagging injuries that can slow you down.

Think of this as rifle ergonomics, your personal performance enhancer. When your gear is customized to suit you perfectly, you’re more comfortable, you can go longer without feeling tired, and you’re less...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, @GBMaryland - you're famous now! Check out the pic of you at Mifflin with the wood bipod steps I made for us. Told you that you should have painted it Marine red! haha

@ChrisWay - high Chris, thanks for this article. One thing that occurs to me about higher ring height is that the height a person needs is very dependent on the relative position of their cheekbone to their eye (assuming we all want a cheek weld and not be floundering around somewhere near our jaw bone) and the degree of rise you have with an adjustable comb or a stock pad.

I've been told many times that I need to get 1.5" rings. But IMO there is no "one size fits all".

If I do go 1.5", I will run out of riser adjustment in my JAE comb and I might have to break my old neck to bend it back that far. This is me with ARC 1.26" high rings at Mifflin where some of your pics came from. I really don't think my neck/back will bend any further! haha Any how, just random thoughts I had after reading this article. Thanks again.

1711387640488.jpeg

Nope, went in the blue direction…

One of the more important ideas I got from the courses was the idea of color coding the leg extensions on the bipod, so that it was much easier to extend them evenly on the fly.

View attachment 8381111
No, you bozo (haha), I was talking about the wooden bipod steps that you threatened to paint Marine red. LOL :) And I'm glad you liked your AI blue Vision so that I could buy the Cobalt blue one from you. Mine is prettier! hahaha

Color coding leg extensions is an interesting idea, I like that tip.
This is on the EI bipods where we both found it time consuming and perhaps a bit error prone to get both legs the same height.

Paint pens from Amazon and Robert is your Mother's Brother. :)

Reactions: kthomas