• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes ERS vs DMR bushnell elite tact. Difference??

Chad44

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2012
Castle rock, CO
I'm looking at these 2 scopes in 3.5x21x50. Besides the ERS having zero stops and coming in dark earth is there any other differences? I've compared them on bushnells site and all the specs are so close (within .007" FOV, 2.5 oz weight diff. Ect). Is the glass and turret better on the ERS? I guess I'm asking is the ERS worth $500 more? On swfa site they don't even give the ERS designation on the scopes just the huge price diff. Thanks for the input

ERS has zero stop turrets that will give you 10 mils per rev, as opposed to the 5 mils per rev on the DMR/HDMR. Both are locking.

Both boxes have the RainGuard HD logo, which is their hydrophobic AR coating. I doubt anyone outside of Bushnell could say if they are exactly the same, but I suspect they are, and the difference in cost is a reflection of the turrets. There is mention of the ERS having a wide-band coating, but I doubt the two products are that significantly different. With high erector scopes any issues with the image is going to be due to limited exit pupil and chromatic aberration, neither of which a coating is going to have an effect on.

I'd make the decision based on how many mils you want in a single rev and if zero stops are important to you.

I could tell no difference between the Glass Quality/Clarity between the two.