• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ES Tactical Prefits

King_beardsly

MMPRL & Low Dollar Precision
Minuteman
  • Jun 12, 2018
    Beast Coast
    Does anyone have experience with the barrels ES Tactical is putting out for the RimX? I was looking as possibly getting one spun up but was looking for any input people might have, and what people think of K&P barrels. I know LRI uses that pretty extensively with their project but an unbiased opinion is always nice.

I think 90% of the magic with rimfire is the custom rimfire smiths with their proprietary chamber. So regardless of steel, I wouldn't choose an off the shelf Eley or Bentz chamber.

I think 90% of the magic with rimfire is the custom rimfire smiths with their proprietary chamber. So regardless of steel, I wouldn't choose an off the shelf Eley or Bentz chamber.
    Fair enough, I currently have a custom chamber in the barrel I’m running right now. Maybe I’ll see if I can track down someone with barrel blanks and a custom reamer on hand.

Fair enough, I currently have a custom chamber in the barrel I’m running right now. Maybe I’ll see if I can track down someone with barrel blanks and a custom reamer on hand.

Highly recommend, Modacam Custom Rifles, or DI Precision. Bison Tactical has Krieger and Bartlein blanks - and they're chambered by Modacam Custom Rifles too.

Highly recommend, Modacam Custom Rifles, or DI Precision. Bison Tactical has Krieger and Bartlein blanks - and they're chambered by Modacam Custom Rifles too.
    I was looking at bison tactical after I found out Modacam did their barrel work and DI makes awesome stuff, just a bit rich for my current budget. I wanted to save a little bit of coin but that’ll probably bite me in the ass like it typically does with precision stuff.

I was looking at bison tactical after I found out Modacam did their barrel work and DI makes awesome stuff, just a bit rich for my current budget. I wanted to save a little bit of coin but that’ll probably bite me in the ass like it typically does with precision stuff.
    Yes. Take it from me who has gone through many inexpensive barrels and prefits... Ended up at Modacam after 3 years and ask myself why not sooner...

Yes. Take it from me who has gone through many inexpensive barrels and prefits... Ended up at Modacam after 3 years and ask myself why not sooner...
    I have to remember that a RF barrel will essentially last a lifetime of shooting unlike a CF barrel that can get shot out in a matter of a couple months of match use.

How do you like that Modacam barrel, I know there is a lot of hype around the product and people swear by their work.