• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ESA/Savage Biathlon Rifle....?

Merlin O

Private
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2006
Friendswood TX
This stock with a CMP Savage Mark II-FVT......?

How would it work for a general all around rifle...?

Attachments

• BIATHLON_full2.jpg
    BIATHLON_full2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 9
That stock is pretty specific to Biathlon matches. I would think there's dozens of better options for a replacement stock to be used as an all around gun.

Most biathlon guns I have shot with stocks like that are actuall pretty comfortable shooting in a lot of positions. That being said I can't say how you will like it. Gun stocks are a lot like women... Everyone has different tastes and it's usually a good idea to put your hands on them before you make any commitment.

I have a few of these stocks and they are a nice upgrade from the Tupperware that comes with the stock rifle. I have them for Juniors that are doing Biathlon and 3P. For 3P, we use a block to prevent use of the magazine so they have to load 1 at a time.

For an all around rifle to carry in the woods and to the range, why not? It also can hold extra magazines in the stock if you are are using it to hunt with/I'd get rid of the peep sights as the rear one is not very robust for carrying around.