• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Escape Dog...

Strickland

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2003
Mansfield, Texas
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-3EyMPzMoo"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-3EyMPzMoo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Escape Dog...

I have a Rottweiler puppy who was going over our fence. I would turn around and she would be gone. Go to the front door and there she is.

So, I strung a hot wire and fence charger around the top of the fence. Not sure exactly when she hit it, but an hour or so after I finished, I noticed her limping and she has never tried to climb the fence again.

Negative reinforcement works.

Spider dog....spider dog..does everything that a spider dog can.... I have a had a couple that were like that

smarter than my dogs. my dogs must have been watching "the great escape" - they prefer to dig under the wire and have agreed among themselves on the concept of the "mass escape." luckily, they have not figured out how to cover the hole while they dig - no handy pot bellied stove.

Our youngest daughter brought home a mix puppy a long time ago. She looked like she was a cross between a black long haired lab and some kind of shepherd. The dog stayed at inlaws house for a long time. But she kept climbing out of their 4 foot fence. We have a 6 foot chain link fence. She never got out of here.

Real cute video.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our youngest daughter brought home a mix puppy a long time ago. She looked like she was a cross between a black long haired lab and some kind of shepherd. </div></div>

i had a dog just like that. mix of a flatcoat retriever and some kind of shepherd with one floppy ear and one pointy ear. flatcoat retrievers are like black golden retrievers. that was a smart one. she was always watching over the kids when they were real little, sorta keeping them together and out of trouble. best dog one could ask for. cried when i had to put her down.

That looked like border patrol surveilance. Oops. That slipped out
smirk.gif

My 120 lb Chessie does the same shit, climbs ladders fences you name it..took a cool bathroom floor to keep him in check..aka I gave up.

If they had opposing thumbs they would take over the world!
grin.gif

Exactly why I will never own another Beagle.