• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Essentials to bring to 4 day class?

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Anything you wish you would have brought and didn’t or brought and didn’t need at all?

If I'm driving in addition to what ever they reccomend:

1) pillow
    2) coffee cup
    3) spare rifle, scope ammo.
    4) notebook pens
    5) range finder
    6) data cards
    7) good shooting mat
    8) active hearing protection
    9) small surefire flash light
    10) gun smithing kit
    11) spare batteries for everything
    12) cooler of water

Have your shit organized so what you plan to take to the firing line can be carried their in one trip from your vehicle. Don't be that guy digging thru a pile in your back seat looking for ammo when the rest of the class is checking zero.

Be proficient with setting and adjusting zero stop on your scope.

Take an ammo binder, I suggest this one that does 120 rounds .

Good sling too
    PXL_20201128_210657529.jpg
    PXL_20201128_210711281.jpg

I'm guessing you're attending the K&M 4-day course (my guess).

You will need a backpack, rear bag (Gamechanger or similar), a rifle (if not renting), and snacks/hydration. And an OPEN mind. If you forget anything, don't worry, Shannon will have the shop open.

This is what I bring to all courses PLUS my own field kit (cleaning, allen/torx/etc wrenches, etc), suppressor (may leave it at home this time), ammo binder, Kestrel, extra batteries, pen/paper/phone, mat, and maybe a sling. Plus personal hygiene stuff (if you're staying in the bunk house).

Hand sanitizer helps, many times it may be a working lunch (or not). Ammo, lead on hands, touching mouth... never a good thing.

See you there!

Be proficient with setting and adjusting zero stop on your scope.

Take an ammo binder, I suggest this one that does 120 rounds .

Good sling tooView attachment 7485216View attachment 7485217.
    Charger442, I really like that 120 round binder but I couldn't find it. I checked Tab Gear, Mile High and several other places. A helpful plug for the source would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Reactions: Charger442
    Charger442, I really like that 120 round binder but I couldn't find it. I checked Tab Gear, Mile High and several other places. A helpful plug for the source would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Ask and you shall receive

Reactions: zman15
    Yes. A variety of clothes to suit the weather. And bring a rifle that works. With ammo. And test ahead of time. Lol

A backpack to hold ammo that you can strap stuff like your shooting mat to is also nice to have. Binoculars are another good thing.

Reactions: NiteQwill